Your wishlist

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

friz

Reaction score
What's in your wishlist?

If I had the money I will go for:
- Takada Ginsan
- Saji Ginsan
- Saji Chuka
- A few JNAT and synthetics

What about you?

I wrote to Santa, let's wait and see what he thinks about it :p

It was a joke regarding the almost infinite amount of knives I'd like to own or try if I had the means... ;)
I should have limited the wishlist to one item.... I knew that !!! :Iagree:

Well in that case... my most recent fancy is probably... a Robert Herder K Chef in carbon, but with the new Eisbuche handles. They don't offer this combination yet... but once they do I don't think I'll be able to restrain myself for long. If they don't start offering this option eventually, I'll probably end up driving to Solingen to sit on their doorstep until they make me one just to get rid of me.

Well in that case... my most recent fancy is probably... a Robert Herder K Chef in carbon, but with the new Eisbuche handles. They don't offer this combination yet... but once they do I don't think I'll be able to restrain myself for long. If they don't start offering this option eventually, I'll probably end up driving to Solingen to sit on their doorstep until they make me one just to get rid of me.
That is an affordable expense, compare to what others might want for Christmas. I am sure you can treat yourself for the holidays.

I already did... so I'm not allowed to buy more knives for a while. :p
It's also not the only contender on the list.... and not offering the combination I want (for now) makes it easier to resist the urge. But yeah definitly in the category 'only a matter of time'...

To receive all the knives I ordered swiftly and in great condition. And not to buy anymore knives I haven't committed myself to. I already bought more than my fair share of great knives this year.

Ive got a bunch of new toys to enjoy, but there are a small handful of things:

1. my Shi.Han custom order
  2. Takada no Hamano aogami
  3. Mizuno white honyaki
  4. western 150mm petty of some sort
  5. BMW redesign of the new M3/M4's vomit-inducing grills for 2022 model year

Oh boy
1) Mazaki blue 2 240 gyuto
2) Kagekiyo ginsan 240 gyuto
3) Tanaka Yohei blue 1 240 gyuto
4) Takada no Hamono blue or ginsan gyuto (depending how much I like the Shirogami when I get it arrives)
5) Stupid big Hasegawa board
6) Northside Knives 180 Nakiri

and those are my realistic items to purchase on my Wishlist, otherwise just get a Takada Honyaki 240 gyuto and call it a year :dancingchicken:
4550B8EE-D904-4665-8005-13877309CC65.jpeg

Y Tanaka gyuto/suji from KnS
Toyama deba from JNS
Masamoto KS deba
Mizuno blue #1 deba
Hinoura (the one nemo has from KnS)
Gengetsu semi
TF Denka!
Kono kaiju
Munetoshi butcher
Some nice (natural) stones from JNS

1. Yo shig kitaeji gyuto
2. Old iron clad 270mm toyama gyuto
3. 300mm TF maboroshi suji

Captain Midrange, at your service. 175mm+ nakiri. Catch and release type year, hopefully.

Ashi
Heiji
Kochi
Mazaki
Munetoshi
Mutsumi Hinoura
Watanabe

I also want a tall(65-75mm) nakiri, but those seem to be more budget, from Cannot acKnowledge The Guy dot com

A petty or two and a 180mm gyuto from the above list, as well.

EDIT: I also wanna get some of the weirder sh!t that they have at Knife Japan. Just for fun.

Last edited:
Shigefusa x Kato collab Kitaeji honyaki nakiri

It will be a 250mm x 250mm square with all 4 sides sharpened: the ultimate nakiri

otherwise, I just wish to find a TF nakiri on BST for a good price.
I've literally seen more Hattori, Kato, and yo-handle Shigs sold this year than TF nakiri this reluctance to sell suggests that TF nakiri are more coveted/offer more value than Hattori, Kato, or Shig

Back