Media Youtube AWESOME!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been listening to some of these lately... any maker really, just to see. Must say it's fascinating - duh! I know I know.

The one I enjoyed the most is this... Sorry it's Vimeo... Duh! Hey, I know I know... :p

Of course it does help that, while it's not the same knife we get to see in the making, nor the same finish (if I'm correct), when it ends I get to unbox THIS once more (of a hundred times already) and feel a certain sense of a thrill...

IMG_5016.JPG

Also because Katsuto Tanaka here is a machine. I mean, I saw the same kind of skills from every maker I got to watch... but say Ikeda who seems to pay incredible attention to the heat treatment (of course it's what we get to see, and I don't know enough of the process yet to guess if or not Tanaka here heat treats with as much focus) and does work beautifully... also throws away tools he needs and search for two seconds after. Tanaka in this video just... is a machine. And does speak to himself a lot. I can relate to that. Fascinating to watch - and yet again my perspective on my own knives has shifted slightly.

probably would annoy the hell out of him with questions at every move he makes. :p
Possibly, especially if/when visiting him in his shop while he's doing production, but it looked like one of the videos in the link was him doing a demo somewhere, and having done that myself, you have to expect a lot of silly questions.o_O:rolleyes::)

Most impressive meal I´ve seen cooked on such a show. Makes me want to watch the rest of that season.

Back