Media Youtube AWESOME!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was like a clown car gag where you think he's done but no, here's another even finer polishing compound. All that work and then... plastic ferrule?!? What in god's name is happening here

I agree, this person is clearly awesome, they just have very different goals than we typically have

I think we have grossly neglected the self-defence aspects of Japanese knives in this forum to date. I really need some advice here. Would a CCK 1303 be the preferred option in a self-defence situation, as compared to, say, a Takeshi Saji?

Also, I'm worried about the sharpening aspect. Which cleaver would you recommend in terms of edge retention as well as sharpenability after decapitating, say, five burglars?

This is definitely a good video to watch for someone new to sharpening. I think he did a fine job there getting the most important points across without over-complicating things.

yeah he's pretty good at explaining just dont take his advice regarding knife safety / claw grip 😬

This particular recipe doesn’t appeal to me but props to the chef for having a Yu Kurosaki for her home use. I just ordered the exact same one except in AS (hers is VG10).

edit: The knife and cutting board are at the 2:00 minute mark. Elizabeth Haigh is a pretty well known Michelin star chef.

Last edited:
Wonder if vegans like fire hot mapo tofu. 🔥
Enjoyed this video mapo tofu as she said goes great on rice. I like a little spice but have to make it milder side for my sweety.

Latest posts

Back