Media Youtube AWESOME!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got myself a bottle of this sauce for 40 EUR + shipping from Austria. Amazing stuff! The difference is like a 18 year old whiskey vs cheap young stuff. So much more depth and complexity. Also, it's much more silky and not as sharp as young soy sauce and a tablespoon full of it goes a long way. This should be more well-known, really.

If you have the basic ingredients?

Maybe a hole I should have never went down but there seem to be a number of those rat cooking youtube vids. From what I gather they are some kind of pest in the rice fields. I've seen live rats for sale in wet markets in China but I don't know how they were "sourced".

A rodent is a rodent. If it's eating a grain/fruit/plant based diet, they can be tasty.

I wouldn't eat a city squirrel that feeds out of dumpsters unless I was really, really hungry...

These poor buggers in Ukraine who don't seem to be getting food supplied regularly at least have rats & mice who are eating unharvested grains, I hope.

Screenshot_20221212-085650_Samsung Internet.jpg

So close… so close. My Sukenari 270 is the most beautiful object I own. It cuts extremely well, and its failure here is a testament to how much of a torture test this was. The fit and finish on the Sukenari damascus blades is exceptional. The hairlines are nice too, but the shine and fully rounded spine and choil of the damascus line makes them so comfortable in addition to being so beautiful.

I think the stiction from the mirror polish worked against me in this cutting task. As you can see, the grapes stick to the blade enough to hang upside down from the side of the blade after being cut. There's also the chance that the edge was too refined toward the heel of the blade and it couldn't bite through the skins. In real world use, it cuts like a dream. Exquisite.

So close… so close. My Sukenari 270 is the most beautiful object I own. It cuts extremely well, and its failure here is a testament to how much of a torture test this was. The fit and finish on the Sukenari damascus blades is exceptional. The hairlines are nice too, but the shine and fully rounded spine and choil of the damascus line makes them so comfortable in addition to being so beautiful.

I think the stiction from the mirror polish worked against me in this cutting task. As you can see, the grapes stick to the blade enough to hang upside down from the side of the blade after being cut. There's also the chance that the edge was too refined toward the heel of the blade and it couldn't bite through the skins. In real world use, it cuts like a dream. Exquisite.

Pro tip: Super Glue

Chef Wang didn't win a KKF award for his sharpening video, but this seems like pretty solid information to me, although maybe a bit superfluous. I especially like the part where he shows different cleaver designs. (That starts at 2:05)

I haven't had the nerve yet to smash garlic with a blade, I must admit. I wonder how many flaws the KKF crowd will find in the vid that I didn't see ;)

Last edited:
Back