Media YouTube Knuckleheads

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paris "I'm an amazing cook" Hilton edumacates us all.
Nice to see some humility.

Wow. How did you manage to find this? ;) I'm particularly impressed with giving the dog a good cuddle before starting to handle utensils and ingredients.

Thanks for that link, I learned a lot! (Mind you, not the things I was hoping to learn…)

Nice to see some humility.

Wow. How did you manage to find this? ;) I'm particularly impressed with giving the dog a good cuddle before starting to handle utensils and ingredients.

Thanks for that link, I learned a lot! (Mind you, not the things I was hoping to learn…)
Found this gem after reading an article about it in The Guardian this morning. https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...s-cooking-show-is-a-rare-work-of-comic-genius

As to the "I'm an amazing cook" reference, I did a little research using the OED. Admittedly, most of the uses I cite are now considered obsolete, but if the hat fits... :rolleyes:

amazing
- Causing distraction, consternation, confusion, dismay; stupefying, terrifying, dreadful. Obs.
- The action of causing amazement.

amazement
orig. Loss of one's wits or of self-possession through any cause whatever.
- The condition of being mentally paralyzed, mental stupefaction, frenzy. Obs.
- 2.2 Loss of presence of mind; bewilderment, perplexity, distraction (due to doubt as to what to do). Obs.
- 3.3 Overwhelming fear or apprehension, consternation, alarm. Obs.

Conclusion? She most certainly is an amazing cook!

Paris "I'm an amazing cook" Hilton edumacates us all.

Haven't been this impressed since watching chef Mike Neylan's highly instructional "Three-Cheese Pizza Blend Recipe" tutorial. (see Post #1862)

Viewer discretionary advisory: You will not get these 16 minutes of your life back!

Driving gloves in the kitchen as chef gloves. A lobotomized dog( i thought she was gonna cook it). Amazing :)).
Where did she learn to speak like that.

I just watched this, and would put it into the "YouTube awesome" thread. Why do you think that's a knucklehead video?

Just fyi, y'all. Guess we can shut down the forum. Sorry you did all that work revamping it for nothing, Angie.

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 7.23.29 PM.png

See here. Or maybe don't. I found it painful.

I found this on reddit the other day. Great way to beat your microbevel into submission and show it who's boss.

Reactions: ian
I found this on reddit the other day. Great way to beat your microbevel into submission and show it who's boss.

Wait, wasn't she just blunting the knife on the rod so that she could have something to sharpen on the stone? I thought that was the point of the video --- no point in sharpening a sharp edge, after all. Maybe I'm misreading it, though.

Wait, wasn't she just blunting the knife on the rod so that she could have something to sharpen on the stone? I thought that was the point of the video --- no point in sharpening a sharp edge, after all. Maybe I'm misreading it, though.

She lists the rod as one of the "three methods to sharpen," talks about maintaining a constant angle, smacks the knife like it's misbehaved, and then moves on to the pull-through sharpener method. Consider me mystified.

Ramsay has a really good 20-part cooking series for noobs that was on UK TV, but possibly the best bit was how RIDICULOUSLY obvious it was when he'd just done some gear.

The secret is to boil water in large batches and store it in the freezer for later. It's right there whenever you need!
I recall an ad for instant noodles where a teenager was reading the instructions on the packet out loud and got to the part that said "add 200ml of boiling water".
He called out, "Mum! Where do we keep the boiling water?"
Guess he didn't think to look in the freezer... ;)

What are you guys busting Ramsay on in this video?

Maybe that he cooks a big thick grilled cheese over nuclear heat for probably like 1 min and none of the cheese melts? I think all the cuts in the cooking process were just there to make you think time had passed when it hadn’t. 😂

But whatever. I blame television rather than Ramsay for this one. He’s working with the parameters he has and trying hard to be a showman who makes it work. There are other vids of his that I find cringe worthy though.

Back