Media YouTube Knuckleheads

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking for a hash brown recipe and instead came across this.

B9EE8E18-B719-4EB6-ABBE-E7D4F77DC305.jpeg

What astounds me is that some people put such immense effort to create something that, for all intents and purposes, is useless. I guess the joy is in the making. And the finished object does look cool 😊

Last edited:
Is this what you guys refer to as a good practice/project knife?

ok, can we talk about that grind for a second? god-like, honestly.

Five passes by hand with coarse sandpaper, fade to…mirror polish! It’s that easy folks. Takes no effort at all. 😂

i also like that he took it to mirror without first removing a flaw/void on one side of it.

Feel the CRACK. Wasn't sure whether to post this here or Ugliest knife thread. Maybe both.
Someone please tell James May to stick to car's and rebuilding stuff. As for Willey's Choppers? I'd rather own a CM

That's insane. Never seen anything cut that poorly. The side of my hand can cut better.

This was one of the first nakiri videos I watched back in the day, definitely needed an ambulance.
I posted the vid a bit back on my status as an easter egg :p

Unfortunately he's serious. Here's another one for you all, this time on "flat blades" for fish.

Here you can find "[Usuba] is mainly used for cutting out the bloodline of the fish" and other gems.

Cutting out the bloodline, Jesus Christ! Is this man just going to eradicate a whole lineage of fish with his "flat blade"? Seems so brutal.

Driving gloves in the kitchen as chef gloves. A lobotomized dog( i thought she was gonna cook it). Amazing :)).
Where did she learn to speak like that.

How did she even learn to speak at all? Seems an "amazing" achievement. Great article.

Good lord, I'm not sure you could do things more wrong if you tried. Rediscovered this gem after the Ken Schwartz tangent in the recent medium grit stone thread. Eight years old but doesn't look like it's been posted here yet, though a few people dunked on it in other threads at the time. It's a miracle this man is still alive.

Good lord, I'm not sure you could do things more wrong if you tried. Rediscovered this gem after the Ken Schwartz tangent in the recent medium grit stone thread. Eight years old but doesn't look like it's been posted here yet, though a few people dunked on it in other threads at the time. It's a miracle this man is still alive.

Heat treat, schmeet treat.

Also, that belt running toward him is neat.

Someone somewhere is planning out Final Destination 12 and this guy should be in it.

I was really worried for her index finger when she was using that honing rod.

As long as you make the *schwinnnng* sound really fast when using a honing rod, that's all that matters.

Her technique is not good with stone or hone, but at least the info's generally fine. The vid's a lot better than 99% of the stuff on this thread.

I'm kind of hesitant to criticize someone's belt technique, since I'm sure mine isn't that great and what do I know. This did make me cringe a little though. Wonder how quickly he goes through gloves? Also wonder about the HT: would have expected him to dunk it a few times, but at least I didn't see any discoloration of the edge. Hard to see in this vid tho.

I was all ready to hate that with the bellybutton focus/bimbo look. Not to mention the c&b/Shun/Henx/Boos shilling. But the basic info is not wrong.
I vote Not Knucklehead.

If by basic info you mean use a stone to raise a burr and a rod to maintain, okay, but wow, I think one can seriously critique her techniques. On the other hand, belly button... 😁

Back