Media YouTube Knuckleheads

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah it's good for him, but who cares? i don't know him personally, and i'm not interested in his happiness. i'm interested in what he can offer me, and that was food lab (the serious eats articles online, not the book). lol

i don't expect him to do the same thing his entire life. i'm just saying that this was by far my favorite of his contributions.

Last edited:
Yeah and this type of video is pretty popular on YouTube actually. It's definitely lower quality content but sometimes you just want to put on some mindless stuff and turn off.
Yeah iirc he started doing those videos during the pandemic, and sometimes they were nice just to watch a little mindless quiet cooking before bed.

IDK if the comments was deleted but I actually liked "The Wok" more than his first book. His first book just seemed like what was already on Seriouseats.
I can agree his personality can be grating. Also I feel like the nature of his content leads amateur cooks to think they know more than they do (similar to Rippetoe for lifting weights). Just because some myth chefs believed was debunked doesn't mean you know better than them overall (he does seem to be aware of this and has toned down his rhetoric)

Oh lord... they could use her as a negative teaching example for kitchen hygiene classes....

Not a bad video, but does Gordon know his knife is chipped to hell?

nice.jpg

Haha, that's rough

No offense, but this one is a bit of an accident lol.

I wonder how long this knife will stay this sharp.

20 bucks for it seems a very decent price though. Like 1/4 of the milk street ;)

At 46 seconds they show a knife cutting a thin slice of some veg - it's not the Huusk as it's Damascus. Same thing with a tomato at 47/48 seconds.

Yup, here it is.

Knife.jpg

I think this is because "the competition tried to have this knife banned from the marked because it is too sharp". They probably were in the righteous struggle back then, and couldn't show a real Huusk "japanese" "chef's" knife.

Back