Media YouTube Knuckleheads

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can tell the 2nd one is a chef because of the secret thumb-on-spine grip they only teach in the most exclusive culinary schools.
I'm actually ashamed to acknowledge I'm English.
He's even encouraging concealed carry on 'hikes'. Thats a cops wet dream right there if he/she catches you with that blade on your person.

OK I got recommended one more video with lessons from the Master. There's some even better info:

- In Asia, 95% of people are left-handed. This fact is virtually unknown. (Entirely unknown, I would add)

- That is why in Asia, almost all bread knives have the grind on the left side. (That's probably true of all 5 bread knives that exist in Asia)

- Heating up the blade when sharpening isn't only acceptable, it is required. The reason is that when the steel gets at 700°C, it can be re-hardened. This is done by submerging the knife in a small water container for a second every now and then while sharpening.

View attachment 226491
Watching the steel just melt away on that steak knife was painful. Also watching him cut that first piece of bread was hilarious, saw, saw, saw, tear, tear, tear.

OK I got recommended one more video with lessons from the Master. There's some even better info:

- In Asia, 95% of people are left-handed. This fact is virtually unknown. (Entirely unknown, I would add)

- That is why in Asia, almost all bread knives have the grind on the left side. (That's probably true of all 5 bread knives that exist in Asia)

- Heating up the blade when sharpening isn't only acceptable, it is required. The reason is that when the steel gets at 700°C, it can be re-hardened. This is done by submerging the knife in a small water container for a second every now and then while sharpening.

View attachment 226491
As a lefty, I'm envious of righties getting their 50% discounts on right handed single bevels.

View attachment 226491
Huh I know he reminds of someone, maybe they are related

I've ran into a lot of these 'fake review' sites in recent years. It's really becoming a plague.

I especially like the first one.

1679513775474.png

1679513793228.png

Without even taking into account that if a sushi (not the fish I guess they are referring to) can stick to the blade, then I really want to see what kind of sushi they make

Actually love the idea of making the handle bigger, bit the profile looks ass. I use my paring knives for in-hand stuff, not board work .

Saw this on Instagram - I don't want to diss the guy or hurt his restaurant so I cropped a photo. Basically the chef is casually leaning against the prep surface with his entire forearm while cutting sushi. I have to ask the pros - does this violate some sort of health code? I mean, if I saw a video of chefs prepping like this at my favorite restaurant I'd stop going as I don't want arm hair in my food.

0041F5AB-DBC8-4139-BEF4-E69DA152458C.jpeg

Saw this on Instagram - I don't want to diss the guy or hurt his restaurant so I cropped a photo. Basically the chef is casually leaning against the prep surface with his entire forearm while cutting sushi. I have to ask the pros - does this violate some sort of health code? I mean, if I saw a video of chefs prepping like this at my favorite restaurant I'd stop going as I don't want arm hair in my food.

View attachment 238073
Ewww! Doesn't violate any specific health code I'm aware of, but, just....
3d5.gif

View attachment 238073
You would get back ache very quickly.
As for hygiene; no gloves, hairy arms, no chopping board......

Latest posts

Back