• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Zkramer 10-inch SG2 Price Reduced

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bought this new in November, 2019. Used it for a couple of times and sharpened once. Not a pleasure to use I’d say. Potatoes stick to it as fxk. Not thin enough behind the edge either. My original plan was to use it to practice thinning and etching, but I recently got another dammy knife from a custom maker to do that, so I guess I no longer need this one. This knife could become great if you thin it behind the edge a little bit. I‘ve thinned a 10-inch 52100 zkramer and it has become one of my favorite.

I’m asking for $330 all inclusive CONUS.

6CF7AB6D-A7E8-4A20-877E-BD3FB4957CA7.jpeg

E4A238EB-2359-46BB-9C73-0189B4D1AC4A.jpeg

The handle is smooth and comfortable. It’s about 300 grams if I recall correctly, but doesn’t feel too heavy on hand as the balance point is near where you would (pinch) grip it. I personally like the balance point to be a little more forward but given the size/weight of this blade I feel it has enough self-weight/force to chop vegetables.

Another point regarding the balance point and handle. If we measure the distance between blade heel and handle end, kramer’s is much shorter than a typical wa style handle. As a result, even its balance point is near the heel, it doesn’t feel handle-heavy as you would with a wa style knife if its balance point is near the heel. When using the ZKramer, I feel most weight of the handle is held in my hand so it feels comfy and maneuverable. In comparison, when I pinch grip a wa style knife, I feel most of handle’s weight is behind my hand, so it’s very important to use a light weight handle to make it negligible. If the handle material is heavier than ho hood, burnt chestnut or the like, I would feel there’re some weights behind my hand that I need to overcome in my cutting motion. Just my 2 cents regarding the difference in weight balance between zkramer and wa style knives here.

Thank you for the detailed reply! This knife is damn beautiful I'm going to be thinking hard about this. Thank you

Bought this new in November, 2019. Used it for a couple of times and sharpened once. Not a pleasure to use I’d say. Potatoes stick to it as fxk. Not thin enough behind the edge either. My original plan was to use it to practice thinning and etching, but I recently got another dammy knife from a custom maker to do that, so I guess I no longer need this one. This knife could become great if you thin it behind the edge a little bit. I‘ve thinned a 10-inch 52100 zkramer and it has become one of my favorite.

I’m asking for $330 all inclusive CONUS.

View attachment 87757
View attachment 87758
Tempting :)

Back