Zwilling Aurora 5-ply vs Demeyere

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was looking at Zwilling spirit for a cheaper alternative to the Demeyere 5 series of pans, but came across this. In the surface Zwilling Aurora seems just like a rebranded Demeyere essential5 with Zwilling stamps, but some of the information is lacking there like thickness and weight, anyone have experience with these pans? Are they the same as Demeyere 5?
https://www.cutleryandmore.com/zwilling-ja-henckels-aurora/stainless-steel-skillet-p133026

One difference might be the welded (rivet-less) handle connection on the demeyere?

We have one demeyere and one zwilling pot (though I can’t remember the exact zwilling line). We like both. I can write more later or try to answer questions if you want.

One difference might be the welded (rivet-less) handle connection on the demeyere?

We have one demeyere and one zwilling pot (though I can’t remember the exact zwilling line). We like both. I can write more later or try to answer questions if you want.
Thank you, I appreciate it. Zwilling Aurora seems to be a direct counterpart of Demeyere essential 5 which also have rivets, they also have a Zwilling Sensation line which is the same as industry5. I guess I'm just paranoid about things but none of the product page I found states the thickness of pans, it is probably the same 3mm as Demeyere but I just cant be sure.

Made in Belgium... likely it's at least made at the same factory, but no clue how it compares to the other lines. It could be just a rebrand of the Industry or one of the other mid-tier lines.
Seems surprisingly cheap though for something out of Belgium.

Made in Belgium... likely it's at least made at the same factory, but no clue how it compares to the other lines. It could be just a rebrand of the Industry or one of the other mid-tier lines.
Seems surprisingly cheap though for something out of Belgium.
Certainly hope that's the case, I asked Cutlery and More, they give me the weight but said they don't know the thickness, I have to contact Zwilling for that. It weighs 3Lbs so in line with the Demeyere version. The price is more likely because they discontinued the series and started to sell Demeyere directly here.

Thank you, I appreciate it. Zwilling Aurora seems to be a direct counterpart of Demeyere essential 5 which also have rivets, they also have a Zwilling Sensation line which is the same as industry5. I guess I'm just paranoid about things but none of the product page I found states the thickness of pans, it is probably the same 3mm as Demeyere but I just cant be sure.
Didn’t realize there is an essential5 line. So many different product lines lol.

We have one Industry5 pot and one Aurora pot. I don’t know the internal material thicknesses (thickness of the layers), but the two pots we have seem very similar to me in weight and performance. The rivetless thing is cool when cleaning the pan or stirring in it, but generally not worth the price premium to me unless you can find it on a good sale (that’s how we got this one). I love the pots. They cook much more evenly than the cheapo stuff we had before. I do prefer the handles on our all-clad though (they feel more secure in-hand for me). Sorry I don’t have experience with the exact line you linked to.

Just got the pan, weights 1237g and seems pretty thick, (Demeyere Industry5 weights around 1211g/2.67Lb) 5ply is visible. Good buy for $69.

1 (2).jpg

2.jpg

Back