Zwilling Kramers available for pre-order on SLT

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I waited more than three years for my straight 52100 Kramer. The damascus was too rich for me, even at the old price. I have wondered why the knife connoisseurs here have no interest in Kramer's plain knives since they are higher-performing knives than his damascus.

Austin huh? We should hook up some time.

Love the warning at the bottom of their write-up:

"CALIFORNIA PROP 65 WARNING: This product may contain a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer, or birth defects or other reproductive harm."
-M

Michael:

Every building that I've worked in since I moved back here in '98 has that warning in the lobby. :slaphead:

I jumped on the SLT web site Monday morning, and signed up for his June knife class in VA. I'm hoping it is not a sales pitch.

If one of you guys with a real Kramer wants to ship it to me for a few days, it would be fun to bring it to class and tell him I just bought it on eBay :happy2:

When he was holding classes for his Shun knives, at some locations, you would receive a sharpening stone (King if I recall) and some other swag. But, those classes weren't free.

When he was holding classes for his Shun knives, at some locations, you would receive a sharpening stone (King if I recall) and some other swag. But, those classes weren't free.
These are not free - $100/ person. That's a bit more then one of their regular cooking classes, but they are throwing in their "Knives Cooks Love" book 'for free' :slaphead:

I took one of their knife skills classes 5-6 years ago; it was okay but not great. I'm hoping to learn something from Bob, though. Signed up my wife as well, so she can meet a celebrity. :happy2: I hope it's not a letdown after seeing all the other famous knife makers at the ECG 2 weeks earlier :cool2:

Is there any reason to be more excited for these than we were for the Shun knockoffs?

Is there any reason to be more excited for these than we were for the Shun knockoffs?

Its a closer replica of his knives made of the same material his normal knives are. The shun Kramers really only share a profile with the real ones.

What are the odds that Williams Sonoma will get a 52100 Meji in six months?

Sure, I'm up North. But the only thing I have that you might not have seen is my new Delbert Ealy gyuto.

I live up North also in Cedar Park near Lake Travis. I don't have anything really cool except for the DT bubble wrap suji I've been working on for the last zillion months.

I mean I gotta say I find it intriguing. After they come out and if someone with a real Kramer gets and reviews one of these and says performance is at least similar and the grind is good, I would consider buying one. I mean, lets face it, I'm never going to afford/want to spend 5k for the real thing.

I guess we will find out around the end of the month.

I mean I gotta say I find it intriguing. After they come out and if someone with a real Kramer gets and reviews one of these and says performance is at least similar and the grind is good, I would consider buying one. I mean, lets face it, I'm never going to afford/want to spend 5k for the real thing.

I guess we will find out around the end of the month.

A real Kramer 10" 52100 knife is only $1,500 at today's rate.

man i can only imagine what one of those would be like after a tune up from dave.....i can't imagine henkels got the grind just like bob would....i wonder how they would perform.....if i had th emoney i'd buy one for sure.....pricy though....ryan

A real Kramer 10" 52100 knife is only $1,500 at today's rate.

And for that money, I'd rather get something from Devin or one of the guys that contribute to the forum and are a part of this community.

Depending on when my local SLT gets these, I might have to bring to ECG, and you can all poke and prod (and use and sharpen) it all you like.

Are you planning on showing up with a knife roll full of Nehoni's, Devin's, Rader's, Masamoto's, Mizuno's, Fowler's, and Ealy's and then playing dumb?

No. Just playing dumb.

Honestly though, I hope he'll accept my invitation to show him around town, talk knives and stop and see NoChop.

I must say that it is exciting to see a major knife company actually producing carbon steel knives again. Hopefully this is a trend towards bettering the general public. Also, the more I look at these, the more I kinda want one. It would be cool to see some Meiji's like this later down the line.

My guess is I'll end up buying one.

Then I'll invite him out.

Good to know. We'll definitely get an honest review from you.

I wonder what they are going to do with all the knives that get returned by all the little rich kids who freak out when they rust. I will take one of those for half price, polish it up and call it good.

I wonder what they are going to do with all the knives that get returned by all the little rich kids who freak out when they rust. I will take one of those for half price, polish it up and call it good.

You don't want to know what SLT does with returned items.

They throw them in the garbage out back.....I did it many times.

I smell business opportunity! Haha

Yep, if the RTV says no, then its gotta go! Most knives get the yes from the vendors though and are sent back to the manufacturer regardless of the shape they are in though, as are a lot of the more expensive cookware like LC and Staubs.

Yep. Most knives go back to the OEM, as do electronics, but pretty much everything else is supposed to be "destroyed". They dont want employees taking **** home and selling it on ebay so everything is supposed to be tossed.

Back