• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS (USA) - Asai SG2 135mm petty and Miyabi 7000MC ZDP-189 130mm petty combo

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkdc

Reaction score
I'm selling a pair of powdered steel petty knives.

Asking $140 for both pettys.

1) Asai SG2-steel stainless suminagashi 135mm wa-petty. It was used very lightly in a home kitchen and looks fabulous. It was sharpened ONCE on an Edge-Pro device. Actual cutting edge measures about 137mm. Comes with original box. The handle was mounted on rotation, and I have included the picture. I'm not sure what's up with Asai handles, since this is a problem I've had with other Asai knives. However, this hasn't affected my ability to use the knife. This knife sells for $240 new.

2) Miyabi 7000MC Shotoh - 130mm Petty. This one is in incredibly hard ZDP-189 steel with a Rockwell hardness of 66. I was amazed at the edge it would hold after I thinned it with an Edge Pro. It did form micro-chips. I then put on a secondary bevel, and since then it hasn't formed chips. This was also used a more frequently than the Asai in my home kitchen, and has definite signs of use with surface scratches.

PM sent regarding Asai petty (love the Asai gyuto I got from you)

Latest posts

Back