Looking to add to the collections.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whumpch

Reaction score
What's up guys, just looking for some suggestion on some new knives. I'm looking into getting a 270-300 sujihiki and Yanagi also a 180 deba. Looking to spend about 400-500 each. Just want to put a feeler out there to see what you guys feel is the best. I was looking at the gesshin hide deba and gengetsu sujihiki(already have a petty) for example.
Thanks Jonathan

Sounds good, Jonathan to go with what Jonathan stocks. Hide deba and yanagi will be nice, I have a pair myself.

i have a gesshin hide 300 kensaki yanagi and it's a great knife. excellent craftsmanship and cuts like a champ!

Can't go wrong, really, with any of Jon's knives (JKI)!!! Although you might want to give some of the independent guy's from this forum a look: HHH, Davis, Ingoglia, my three favorites by far.

Everyone raves about devin Thomas sujis. I have yet to try one though. I do own a 270mm carter and it is amazing. For any of these knives you have to explain what it is you are looking for exactly. Is it thin blade/thick blade, workhorse/heirloom, carbon/Damascus, what steel, what height, what kind of edge retention do you need, is it going to be used in a pro kitchen or at home? Some of these questions could make choices much easier.

Good luck on your search. Out of the makers I've tried I can recommend shigefusa, takeda, and carter. I think anyone on this forum will stand by those makers.

Yeah I have two DT ITK's and love them both. It would be in a pro kitchen so they will be used. Honestly I'm open to any height, grind, thickness or steel. There are so many choices that I honestly don't know where to start. Like most I'm always on the look out for the best knife. I just wanted to put out the feelers to see what people are using and what they like.

Latest posts

Back