Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bad experience with Boardsmith

I find the telephone a good communications tool. You dial a number and someone on the other end says "hello may I help you?"

9 pages on this is amazing. I believe the point has been made on all sides. If people want to keep putting their fingers in the spokes to see what happens, I think it needs to be elsewhere. Move on folks.
    Just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it...

Quote Originally Posted by 29palms View Post
    I find the telephone a good communications tool. You dial a number and someone on the other end says "hello may I help you?"
    I work in a busy and non-private office where talking on the phone to place a cutting board order is not a realistic option. People can be awfully judgmental in doling out advice without knowing about others' circumstances.

For god's sake people, this is all getting awfully repetitive. Can we please just put it to rest?

“Everything has been said already, but not yet by everyone.” – Karl Valentin

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by dannynyc View Post
    People can be awfully judgmental in doling out advice without knowing about others' circumstances.
    The only issue I have with this statement is that's exactly what you did with Boardsmith. And for you a phone call is a poor way to communicate due to your work circumstances, while at Boardsmith's end of things email is a poor way for him to communicate since he is working in the shop all day long. I think this really boils down to both parties wrote that could have been read with tones that were not meant by the writers. It's easy to ask that the discussion be ended, but please remember this is someone's livelihood that is potentially being damaged. The only damage at your end is you could not order the board you wanted. Yet payback for this is starting a thread that was attacking and intending to damage that craftsman. I'm all for posting positive and negative experiences, but they way the OP was written seemed to go a bit beyond.

If you've spent much time here you should have realized you were "kicking a hornets nest". As soon as I saw the title I said to myself "oh boy, here we go".
    I have purposely avoided offering an opinion on the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by erikz View Post
    Whats the point of reviews when negative reviews are disallowed? Better not have reviews at all.

I expect everyone to read reviews and make a decision based on what they've actually read. If there are 99 positive reviews and 1 negative, wouldnt people still buy from that vendor?

This is how sites like tripadvisor and the bay work and its pretty darn good if you ask me.
    The difference, as I stated in my post, is that there is a difference between a rant and a well thought out review.
    Calling the OP a review is a big stretch in my book.
    He himself admitted to being provoked by it, and informed the vendor that he would use his membership here as sort of a threat.
    That is not a review, it is a rant written in anger.

A review is giving ones impressions on whatever, factually and as objective as possible.
    To me, the OP failed miserably on both counts.

As to the tripadivisor and ebay comment, yeah, they sort of work.
    But due to a lot of people just wanting to shout out in public due to joy or anger makes the "reviews" on those sites less than stellar in my book.

As an example, I stayed at a hotel in NYC recently where the raving reviews went on for pages on Tripadvisor.
    A few others, like me, found the stay there pretty mediocre.
    Yet others found it pretty crappy.
    What can we learn from that??
    That people are different?
    We all knew that from the get go, right?

My point is, this was not a review, it was an agitated person trying to get back at the vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    “Everything has been said already, but not yet by everyone.” – Karl Valentin

This is a good quote that is certainly relevant here. I think that this thread has run it's course, everyone involved has had their say, the facts are here for all to see. Beyond this point is just beating a dead horse.