Looking for a Saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigdaddyb

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum. I wasn't sure where to put it.

Anyone know where I could find a saya for a 240mm gyuto (Masamoto clone), preferrably in bubinga?

Thanks,

brianb

Good call. I have one of his earlier sayas and must say great work!

Eventually, when I can afford it and if he has the time, I am looking to order a full set of sayas for my kit in bloodwood from Lefty. His work is nothing short of beautiful.

Gonna try again.

Lefty isn't taking new orders now. Something about a baby on the way and an order backlog. Some folks and their priorities, right?? :D

Mark Richmond doesn't have one to fit it.

Was given the name of another person on the forum who builds, sent a direct message to that gentleman but received no reply.

Back to square 1. I have a Takumi Ikeda 250mm gyuoto and no saya.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

brian

korin definitely has something that will fit a masamoto profile, thats where i purchased mine

If you don't want to send in your knife for fitting(which is the best) You can trace the blade,including the handle The area from bolster is heel is important too.

I am doing that with a 270 Takeda,as I did not want to send the knife.Also gave spine width heel-- middle-- & tip.Or you can send your Masamoto to Korin & let them find a fit.

Latest posts

Back