Newbie Checkinig in from the great north.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godslayer

Reaction score
So a quick intro, I am a hobbyist, early twenties, newly started an MBA so I am in university, I have always been an avid cook, I like to be adventurous. Recently bought a few higher end (not by Japanese knife standards) knives at knife wear in Edmonton, fell in love. Currently own a 165 mm Nakiri, 210 mm Gyuto and a 100, 110 mm Deba (was going to buy a petty, but as i mainly wanted this knife for garlic and herbs it felt better). I have recently decided in the coming months, I would like to buy a Yanagiba and a Honesuki, which in my research lead me here, as of all the forums I have visited you seemed the most approachable and civilized, I decided to join, so in the coming months and years I hope to learn as much as possible, about the rather confusing world of knives.

Best Regards,
Evan

Welcome Evan! BTW, mostly approachable and usually civilized:)

Sounds like you're off to a fine start, but we'll need to help you find something else to cut with that deba;)

Cheers

I should note my knives are all double bevel. As it stands now my other knives are all hand forged by what I presume to be an artisinal American maater knifesmith cuisinart. Lol. Other than the breadknife I don't really use them much anymore.

Welcome Evan, ahh yes the Artisanal American Mastersmith Cuisinart!
Love that guy!
Welcome aboard.

Latest posts

Back