Knife for my girlfrend

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbesed

Reaction score
I want to by a knife for my girlfriends birthday. Initially i wanted to buy a Gesshin Uraku 210 stainless, but currently they are out of stock. I would like to know how would the Itinomonn Stainless 210 compare to the uraku? Has anybothy tried it or have experience with it? Can somebody command a comparable knife to the uraku in the 150-200 price range (210 stainless with octagon or d handle,i m from europe) ?

I really like the Itinomonn stainless clad Kasumi that I have. A lot of people complain about the belly, but it adds effective slicing length which is important on a 210mm knife in a small space. I rotate between that and a 7ish inch Sabatier as my only home knives.

For that price range you can buy her a Shigefusa or Watanabe. Both are wonderful knives with strong international following. The Shig could be obtained from Maxim and the Watanabe can be bought directly. Kurouchi finish over white steel is very affordable, razor sharp and easy to maintain from Watanabe. Good luck

For that price range you can buy her a Shigefusa or Watanabe. Both are wonderful knives with strong international following. The Shig could be obtained from Maxim and the Watanabe can be bought directly. Kurouchi finish over white steel is very affordable, razor sharp and easy to maintain from Watanabe. Good luck

Thanks, but it has to be stainless.

The Itinomonn would be probably my first choice too. In that price range you will also get free DHL Express shipping to your destination and there will be no import taxes since it is in EU

I was just joking, because I dont have anything against santokus. They are just to short for my liking. Anyway i decided to buy her the Itinomonn.
Thanks guys

Back