D. Martell SALE - Martell Wa-Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
Look out veggies! :spiteful:

Stats:

Length - 180mm

Steel - O1

Hardness - Rc60-61

Handle - modified oval wa style using blue byed Oregon maple burl (from Burl Source) along with buffalo horn ferrule and copper spacers. *Note - the wood is technically blue but leans more to the purple side.

Price - $525 (USA shipping included - International shipping will be given a $30 credit but will be responsible for the remainder of the actual cost)

Please PM for purchase!

Thanks!
Dave

PS - This is one of the nicer knives I've done. I believe it'll put a smile on yer face. :)

Martell_nakiri_1.JPG

Martell_nakiri_3.JPG

Martell_nakiri_7.JPG

Martell_nakiri_9.JPG

Martell_nakiri_10.JPG

Martell_nakiri_11.JPG

Martell_nakiri_28.JPG

Dave, that maple burl is really, really cool looking!! Of course the knife blade is sweet too!

Thanks Bill!

BTW, we need to catch up...and yeah I'm warm warm warm....thanks to you! :doublethumbsup:

That's a great-lookin' knife! Gotta love nice nakiri :)

That's really a nice piece, with the usual Martell understated elegance.
I have a chunk of that blue burl that I've been saving for a special occasion. Didn't know it would look like that!

Thanks Dave :)

Oh and you'll love this blue maple, it's great stuff.

Glad to hear it is still working out. What is the lowest exterior temp you have had to deal with?

With some exceptions I believe that we've been in the 20's & 30's since the heater was installed and it's not running all the time nor set at even the mid range so it's doing way better than expected.

who's the lucky new owner? I'm interested in hearing about the shape of the handle

I am the lucky owner of this. The handle is extremely comfortable. Fits all the pressure points on my hand perfect. I put it through heavy prep in a commercial kitchen and not one hiccup or any type of fatigue. Dave did a amazing job on this knife and I would highly recommend his handles and knives.

thanks. i was curious about the handle. my only other experience with this shape is on a shun

Latest posts

Back