• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Takeda AS Classic 230mm Sasanoha

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritzkrieg

Banned
Reaction score
Hello knife people! I recently picked this up on the bay as I'd wanted a Takeda for awhile. Selling as I found that it doesn't really speak to me like my other gyutos. I picked it up for $210 USD, and am asking $175 before shipping. It came pretty thick behind the edge (surprising for such a thin blade) so I eased the shoulder and raised the bevel on the left side, to make it more asymmetrical as my goal was to use this as a sashimi and raw meat slicer. This knife excels at slicing proteins and soft vegetables, but I'd advise thinning the right side bevel before attempting to bisect potatoes or process harder root veggies.

UNk4zhS.jpg

JHUiHmU.jpg
zWSCovN.jpg

I'll ship, trackable via USPS, domestically. Note: the original box is not included. If desired, I'll polish off the patina as well. Thanks for looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back