Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Petty Profile

Mine are 33, 31 and 28 mm at the heel. Because the edge on yours is not parallel with the tang/handle, you don't need too much height. When you put it to the board, the handle will point slightly upward. If you grip the petty lightly while doing this, as opposed to the fishing pole grip, you really get plenty of clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Mine are 33, 31 and 28 mm at the heel. Because the edge on yours is not parallel with the tang/handle, you don't need too much height. When you put it to the board, the handle will point slightly upward. If you grip the petty lightly while doing this, as opposed to the fishing pole grip, you really get plenty of clearance.
    Yeah, when I use my petty on the board I use the "point" grip. I pinch for my other blades, but with the point grip on the petty I get plenty of board clearance and control.

Exactly.

Damn, just realized I misspelled profile.

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I really like the look of yours, Marko. I tend to lean toward the thinner, pointier tip.

Mike

I think you nailed the profile. I personally wouldn't change it. Just scale it up, and down depending on the length.
    I'd say about 31mm for a 130 petty, 35mm for a 150, and 39-40mm for a 180.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I think you nailed the profile. I personally wouldn't change it. Just scale it up, and down depending on the length.
    I'd say about 31mm for a 130 petty, 35mm for a 150, and 39-40mm for a 180.
    Thanks Lefty -

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

I know I'm late to the party but....

less hump on the spine toward the tip and bring the tip up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    I know I'm late to the party but....

less hump on the spine toward the tip and bring the tip up a bit.
    Late appearance often steals the show. Thanks Scott. Your opinion is always welcome.

M

I think Salty makes a good point

Mike