Someone please explain body wash to me!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mano

Reaction score
Ok, I'd been trying to stop posting on KKF and just lurk and maybe PM. So I want what I hope to be my final post to be about something really important.

For 20+ years we spend two weeks at the Jersey shore with the same couple. We use an outside shower that has a dozen fancy hair products and expensive body wash. Argan oil, kelp and coconut, peppercorn and arse. You put some on a puffy plastic thing that should be used to wash dishes and rub it over your body.

All I want is a bar of soap and a washcloth. Not there for the last several years, so I get it myself.

Help me understand this stuff. Snarky comments are welcome.

I have an outdoor shower and a bar of soap get pretty messy if you don't put it in some kind of holder. More importantly, do you know where that soap has been? Think about all the places you wash. Would you want to use a bar of soap that's just been used to clean where the sun don't shine?:wink:

I have an outdoor shower and a bar of soap get pretty messy if you don't put it in some kind of holder. More importantly, do you know where that soap has been? Think about all the places you wash. Would you want to use a bar of soap that's just been used to clean where the sun don't shine?:wink:

:doublethumbsup: Nailed it.

I once heard someone say "think about the last thing I wash and the first thing you wash" I'm a body wash convert, nothing worse than seeing a bar of soap with a couple of short & curlies stuck to it.

You must be showering by yourself:whistling: Soap will do.

Now what the hell is this about? You were part of my edumacation.

Ok, I'd been trying to stop posting on KKF and just lurk and maybe PM. So I want what I hope to be my final post ....

I once heard someone say "think about the last thing I wash and the first thing you wash" I'm a body wash convert, nothing worse than seeing a bar of soap with a couple of short & curlies stuck to it.

Its a quote from "Friends". Never really watched the show but it always stuck in my mind when I shower.

dr bronners, comes in bar, comes in liquid, made by a crazy dude and his family, organic and fair trade, insane ranting written all over the label. all you need.

+1 for Dr. Bronner's. It's minty, bracing, and so full of crazy that, no matter how much real acid you got into back in the day, you're going to whistle, chuckle, and feel better about the fact that you totally hallucinated the last blimp you saw.

Nothing wrong with having your own bar of soap. Those washes suck, and seem very wasteful. Plus half the time they still expect you to share the 'applicator' so the whole 'think of where it's been' thing goes, uh, down the drain. Might be okay if the body wash soap was like real soap, but instead most seem to be fruit salads or herb salds first, and cleaners second.

This will not be your final post Craig. You forget that quite a few of us know where you live.
:knife::nunchucks::pirate1::viking::knight::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::shotgun::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::flame::aikido::bye:

This will not be your final post Craig. You forget that quite a few of us know where you live.
:knife::nunchucks::pirate1::viking::knight::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::spankarse::shotgun::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::flame::aikido::bye:

I think this may be a cry for help.

Craig,

My friend.

We are here for you.

It's hard for a man of a certain age to admit he needs help in the most private of areas. Are you feeling.... unclean?.... not fresh? Its ok. This forum has rallied the troops for all sorts of causes. Getting you the right kind of cleaning product is just as important.

Next time you're at the beach with your special lady and you're both sitting in separate bathtubs you'll have the right soap for you!

Ok, I'd been trying to stop posting on KKF and just lurk and maybe PM. So I want what I hope to be my final post to be about something really important.

For 20+ years we spend two weeks at the Jersey shore with the same couple. We use an outside shower that has a dozen fancy hair products and expensive body wash. Argan oil, kelp and coconut, peppercorn and arse. You put some on a puffy plastic thing that should be used to wash dishes and rub it over your body.

All I want is a bar of soap and a washcloth. Not there for the last several years, so I get it myself.

Help me understand this stuff. Snarky comments are welcome.

In Germany, even in the hotels, you get liquid soap. But, no applicator scrubby. It's cultural so I bring my own disposable washcloths like you get for sailing. then in the bin. All better. But, the body stuff works really good as shampoo.

Why is this your attempted last post?

Back