Hello from San Francisco

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikedtran

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Everyone I'm 26 year-old home cook who just started really getting into knives.

My first "nice" knife purchase was about 2-months ago (Masakage Yuki 210mm Gyuto) and now I'm absolutely hooked. Have been lurking the forums and reading a ton and excited to learn more!

It almost sounds like you have been to Bernal Cutlery!! Welcome to the knifenut hangout!

It almost sounds like you have been to Bernal Cutlery!! Welcome to the knifenut hangout!

Dharperino

I actually just stopped in at Bernal Cutlery (for the first time) yesterday to pick up a strop and some compound. Love the shop and owner.

I also stopped by Town Cutler for the first time earlier last week just to take a peak at his wares and get a professional sharpen.

Any other stores you would recommend?

Not really. I haven't been to Town Cutler; I'll check that out. Years ago i enjoyed Hida Knives and Tools in Berkeley (name might be wrong). My first Japanese knife was from them and it's still a great knife!

Dharperino

I actually just stopped in at Bernal Cutlery (for the first time) yesterday to pick up a strop and some compound. Love the shop and owner.

I also stopped by Town Cutler for the first time earlier last week just to take a peak at his wares and get a professional sharpen.

Any other stores you would recommend?

I am planning to go there too! I heard it is a nice place

http://wokshop.com/ Inexpensive carbon steel cleavers galore. If you're not averse to a little elbow grease, those carbon steel cleavers can be turned into very good performers.

Latest posts

Back