• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Devin Thomas ITK AEB-L Western gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This knife is from the first run that Devin made. The handle is dyed lacewood, with a brass ferrule. It has been used gently in a home environment.

Marko Tsourkan had this comment about these knives when Devin made them:

"Heat treating, grinding and handle-making is all done in-house, with Devin doing most of it. With an exception of damascus steel, fancier handle and bolster material, and fewer steps to finish a blade, this is a very similar knife to Hoss customs ..."

Measurements:

OAL 379.0 mm
Weight 219.0 g
Edge length 247.0 mm
Height at heel 53.0 mm
Spine at heel 2.90 mm
Spine midway to tip 1.95 mm
Spine 1 cm from tip 0.65 mm
Midblade at heel 2.15 mm

$495 includes insured shipping to a US address and PayPal fees.

This is an extremely rare find. In my mind it's worth more than the asking price here. I regret selling mine and would totally pick this one up if I hadn't just spent the same amount on another knife just an hour ago. Damn the timing.

Nice one. Just curious when this 'first run' was made? Also, looks in wonderful shape. Aside from using it in a gentle home environment, how did you maintain it so well?

Can you please post a choil shot? How is food release on this knife.

Shocked this has lasted this long. Very nice/rare knife at a very fair price.

I have a western ITK and it is probably my favorite knife. If you are into western handles, this is an insanely great opportunity.

Nice one. Just curious when this 'first run' was made? Also, looks in wonderful shape. Aside from using it in a gentle home environment, how did you maintain it so well?

Devin made the first run in December, 2010. IIRC, there were ten in that run.

It helps a lot to have several gyutos so you can rotate them and not put a lot of use on any one knife. I'd estimate that it has a cumulative use of less than three months.

That's a great looking knife, it's nice to see you have taken such great care of it. This is a rare knife and a true performer, someone should snatch this up quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back