To KS Swedish or not to KS Swedish, that is the question.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbflat

Reaction score
I have been looking for a stainless gyuto to buy for a while now and have had a hard time making up my mind. The term "analysis paralysis" comes to mind. If I could just get all my options in one place, in hand and with a pile of fixn's for dinner it would help a lot!..

In the end I beep coming back to the Masamoto Swedish gyuto. It checks about as many boxes as any. Is actually available ( a real problem with lots of other options), AEB-L, fairly flat run from the heal, not a laser and not a tank but a good all around knife, good geometry?.. Not sure about that. I know there has been a some concerns about inconsistencies with Masamoto KS's and the grind. Does anyone have any insight on the Swedish gyutos?

Any thoughts on why I shouldn't get one?

Bill

Thanks, I'm familiar with that thread. Unfortunately there are no photos with the thread any more.
Anyone out there have one with a grind they're not happy with?

I just bought a white#2 ks from blueway and this thing is amazing! Already one of my fave knives. It came nice and sharp and very toothy the way i like. No wedging and cuts through product like butter. Hope this helps!

Back