• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shigefusa Kuroouchi 165mm WA Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Line cooked

Reaction score
The thinning of the herd continues. This is a great little knife. Used only a handful of times. Was sharpened once and includes a book matched walnut saya that I made. The saya is not amazing, but neat, clean, and functional. Asking $175.00

Shig1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1121_zpsi89weeim.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It is raining Shigs tonight!

Right?! One in my price range at the right time. What where the odds on that? I have been wanting to upgrade from my cheapie nakiri for a while now. This is just the ticket!

I kind of feel like I won the lottery. :)

Right?! One in my price range at the right time. What where the odds on that? I have been wanting to upgrade from my cheapie nakiri for a while now. This is just the ticket!

You definitely got a steal on this one, and that saya is beautiful =)

Glad you were able to secure this. I was going jump on it but I hate plastic ferrules and wasn't sure if this one had one. Plus I have a 180 Kato nakiri and don't know if you can really improve on that.

You definitely got a steal on this one, and that saya is beautiful =)

Glad I jumped as soon as I saw it. First Shig! I agree, Line Cooked did a nice job on the saya; a great value added.

Glad you were able to secure this. I was going jump on it but I hate plastic ferrules and wasn't sure if this one had one. Plus I have a 180 Kato nakiri and don't know if you can really improve on that.

I hate plastic ferrules too. Doing a quick search and it looks like it is horn (fingers crossed). Hmm... 180 Kato nakiri... <insert drool emoji>.

I hate plastic ferrules too. Doing a quick search and it looks like it is horn (fingers crossed). Hmm... 180 Kato nakiri... <insert drool emoji>.

This one has a horn ferrule, the plastic ferrule ones have Kanji on the left hand side and are oval handles not d-handles. I have a couple of those coming that I'm going to re-handle =)

This one has a horn ferrule, the plastic ferrule ones have Kanji on the left hand side and are oval handles not d-handles. I have a couple of those coming that I'm going to re-handle =)

Nice, thanks for the confirmation and where are these plastic ferrule ones found? After a tasteful re-handle... sweet deal for a Shig.

Nice, thanks for the confirmation and where are these plastic ferrule ones found? After a tasteful re-handle... sweet deal for a Shig.

The plastic ferrule ones I found from a shop based in Sanjo, though Sam at Buttermilk also had some. I'm guessing he sourced them direct from the shop.

I'm planning on getting simple but well made japanese either octagonal or d-handles made from ho-wood. Keep it as simple as possible =)

The plastic ferrule ones I found from a shop based in Sanjo, though Sam at Buttermilk also had some. I'm guessing he sourced them direct from the shop.

I'm planning on getting simple but well made japanese either octagonal or d-handles made from ho-wood. Keep it as simple as possible =)

Thanks, I will keep an eye out for them. Simple, clean but well done is often the most appealing to me. Well chosen!

Thanks for all the nice comments on my amateur saya work...this one is shipping today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back