Petty vs Utility

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisisputt

Reaction score
I was researching on utility and petty knife. I'm wondering of what views you guys have of these knives, how you would personally use it etc. and do you use it often or it just gathers dust on your knife block, roll etc.

Also, I might be interested to buy a utility or a petty style knife. I want to do more intricate work that a chef's/gyuto can't do but too big for a paring.

There's an active thread now on the joys of pettiness and a recent one on differences between petty and utility. You might find both of interest.

To answer your question I use a petty quite a bit. Even the one I don't use, I use often.

To buy new, figure on about $1/mm for quality, no frills, stainless. You'll also see them show up on bst frequently though shipping to Thailand may prove to be a deal breaker.

There's an active thread now on the joys of pettiness and a recent one on differences between petty and utility. You might find both of interest.

To answer your question I use a petty quite a bit. Even the one I don't use, I use often.

To buy new, figure on about $1/mm for quality, no frills, stainless. You'll also see them show up on bst frequently though shipping to Thailand may prove to be a deal breaker.

Ok thanks!
Can you send me the link if possible please.

A petty is one of my more used knives however it took some time to find one that I really liked. I prefer one in the 150mm range and I like taller knives. It really come down to what you might prefer and it could take some trial and error to figure it out.

Latest posts

Back