• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Japanese Breaking / butcher Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheflivengood

Reaction score
This Was bought over the phone from Jon @ JKI. The name of the maker escapes me, but the knives are made for commercial butchering. This is a work knife, but on a whime I 7k hand sanded it to a pretty nice mirror polish just for fun. The knife is not that sharp on purpose, I used it a lot for silver skin and prefer a duller knife for the job. Fit and finish is same as it came, little separations near the heal but nothing major. $150 as is, $175 for me to make it a razor. USA lower 48 only Shipping included.

20160502_211758.jpg
20160502_211823.jpg
20160502_211827.jpg
20160502_211833.jpg
20160502_211837.jpg

Looks like a masahiro bessaku. Grunty hard working knives

Does this mean you are charging $25 to sharpen the knife? :scratchhead:

It would need to be re finished after a little thinning, would probably touch up the handle too, probably 2 hrs of work to make it look nice. Since I dont get massive amounts of knives to sharpen, and all I am using is my hands, my hrly rate for any work regardless if its consulting/sharpening/cooking far exceeds $12.5 hr. So yes buying my time is ******* expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back