• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted to Buy: Long petty/short suji/line knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I'm looking for some type of knife that could serve as a longer petty or shorter suji, which I think could include many line knives as well.

Ideally something in the 190-210mm range of length, perhaps something a touch shorter or longer.

I've been favoring stainless or semi recently, but would also consider carbon if it's something that has or can build a stable patina.
I'm thinking of something in the $200ish range, but might spring for more if it's something of value, depending on maker, materials, etc.

I love beautiful woods for handles, but am open to something more utilitarian.

So, I think I'm fairly open, just wanted to see if anything interesting comes up.

If you have something, kindly PM me with some basic info, and please include maker, material, heel to tip length, height at heel, condition, and asking price (and any other details you think are relevant).

Thanks for looking!

Might want to reach out to Butch. He has a bunch of stainless steel right now. And his 210 line knives are pretty kick-butt.

http://www.knivesandtools.de/de/pt/-robert-herder-tranchiermesser-hrc-60.htm
If you know someone who could send it from Europe...
Really well made. Very consistent grinding. Nice distal taper -- their chef's have a thickening at the tip, this slicer hasn't. Comparable to old French profiles.
The C75 steel isn't too reactive. I would suggest a forced patina prior to first sharpening, though.

Latest posts

Back