Deep Impact from JCK?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruso

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with the subject? Looks fairlly good on paper but many do.... :/

I think maybe benuser had got one?

Yes, I have the 210mm gyuto. Very well made, consistent grinding, very thin behind the edge. AS a bit finer grained than with others, no brittleness, exceptional edge retention on poly boards. F&F excellent, in accordance with the price point.

Yes, I have the 210mm gyuto. Very well made, consistent grinding, very thin behind the edge. AS a bit finer grained than with others, no brittleness, exceptional edge retention on poly boards. F&F excellent, in accordance with the price point.

Benuser, thanks for sharing. Do you have a choil shot by any chance? Also, how does the taper goes, Koki states on the site that the width is 2mm, I assume it's just the width by the handle...

Thanks Benuser.
So, overall looks it's a good buy for the money?

But at this price point -- $175 -- you might consider as well a carbon mono-steel by Prendergast as the Pound Sterling has dropped.
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/26011-UK-European-Passaround!
Very different, heavier, with a very pronounced distal taper, tip a bit higher, slightly better food release. More a -- very good -- European knive with no fingerguard, vs. a typical gyuto.

The passarounder was GPB 215, IIRC, VAT incl. but I haven't verified. Sorry guys, and thanks to you, Foodie.

Customers within the Union pay VAT. From abroad they don't. The European seller should deduct it from the price.

Sadly I make less than £60,000 a year ( :( ), so I am not required to be VAT registered in the UK.

Thus, I do not charge VAT.

For the record, all the passarounds were 9.5" which are the same price as foody518 quoted above.

Thanks for clarifying, Dan. In other EU countries the exemption only applies to really very small businesses. In The Netherlands e.g. only if you were to pay less than €1.345 VAT per annum.
Sorry for creating some confusion in this matter.

Back