• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS Billip 250mm Damascus Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms4awd

Reaction score
I'm offering this knife up for sale, its a knife i didn't think i would part with but i think i think that of most of the knives I've sold in the past.

The Gyuto is 250mm approx 51mm at the heel in damascus with ironwood handle. This Gyuto originally belonged to Matus the pic i am posting is from Matus of the knife from after his 6 month review, the knife is practically in the same condition except the ironwood handle has darkened a little bit, i have not used or sharpened the knife after getting it, As per Matus it has only been touched up on 3k and above stones by him 3 or 4 times, i asked Matus for permission to use his photos and he kindly agreed as i only have a camera phone and can't take decent shots of the knife, i also asked if i can use the photos he sent me when i purchased the knife from him and will post a link to that once i get the link from matus

Im asking 1650 usd for the knife plus 50 usd shipping by dhl express, i paid a little more than this so i feel its a fair price for this knife as i agreed to buy it for the cost of the knife and duties Matus paid(his total cost) for the knife. I'm just trying to recover as much of my cost for the knife.

20409490618_dee8807123_o_zpswyg8gdn4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

i did he reluctantly had to pass as he was looking more for the non dammy version

Just saw your post after I started typing mine… maybe see if Mike Tran is still interested

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/27531-Andy-Billipp-Gyuto-Sujihiki

As the last couple have been very successful, I thought I throw out a real crazy one.

Anyone have a Billipp gyuto or slicer/suji they would be willing to part with?

I have a couple Shigefusa gyutos (210/240mm) as well as other knives I would be willing to trade. Also have 190mm/210mm/240mm Kato Gyutos that should be arriving in 2 months.

i got the heads up for this from Mike i think he passed initially as it was a bit more than what he wanted to spend

i meant Mike gave me the heads up some one was willing to part with a billipp when i got this knife

Hi Marc

my box may have been full pls resend PM, your second in line, it spf but will let you know if the deal falls through

Nah, sadly I only have 2. The third one in that pic belongs to a buddy who lets me use it.
But Dave is right, I'm just getting warmed up. I kind of covet Andy's work, so when one is available I try to get it.
Unfortunately I think I was a little too late for this one however.

Man oh man brother ...

I think regardless of the consequences this might have been that one and only time to pull the trigger (based on your posts) after all Xmas and the holidays are in front of us (so you can beg forgiveness) ... plus you can (& should have IMO) sold something(s) ... not trying to rub in salt here but I had a very, very similar experience years ago with a Devin Damascus (the one I have always wanted) and I did the mature / big boy thing and I am now 4+ years (?) later without one and it has been killing me since!

Luckily with a lot of "retail" knife therapy I am doing a bit better :doublethumbsup:

But really if you think about it - once you factor in the attorneys, realtors, future use of adult dating sites, etc. ? ... they ("read" wife/partner/significant other/etc.) "typically" won't go "full crazy" on you ... of course you never know until you know! :sad0:

What I love about this forum though is quite evident with this sale ... you have a set of unadulterated enablers (including me) trying to "help you" spend your $$$

Sorry to the OP for the segway to the thread .... & Good luck to you AltW finding what you are looking for because I still haven't ... LOL

TjA

I know I know....

This one will haunt me forever ... but wifey wasn't having of it. I can and will buy a $300 knife behind her back. This one - unfortunately - not [emoji15]

Man oh man brother ...

I think regardless of the consequences this might have been that one and only time to pull the trigger (based on your posts) after all Xmas and the holidays are in front of us (so you can beg forgiveness) ... plus you can (& should have IMO) sold something(s) ... not trying to rub in salt here but I had a very, very similar experience years ago with a Devin Damascus (the one I have always wanted) and I did the mature / big boy thing and I am now 4+ years (?) later without one and it has been killing me since!

Luckily with a lot of "retail" knife therapy I am doing a bit better :doublethumbsup:

But really if you think about it - once you factor in the attorneys, realtors, future use of adult dating sites, etc. ? ... they ("read" wife/partner/significant other/etc.) "typically" won't go "full crazy" on you ... of course you never know until you know! :sad0:

What I love about this forum though is quite evident with this sale ... you have a set of unadulterated enablers (including me) trying to "help you" spend your $$$

Sorry to the OP for the segway to the thread .... & Good luck to you AltW finding what you are looking for because I still haven't ... LOL

TjA

It's gone. No point in thinking about it anymore. Plus: it looks like a have a serious lead on a cheaper non Dammy one..

Was a bit down though today after saying no to the Billipp, so much so that I almost bought one of the Carters on BST LOL

Back