help! Broken tip

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rreidiii

Reaction score
Just broke the tip off a Mac Ultimate slicer that I've had for many years. Anyway I'm looking for a good source where I can get it fixed. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

You can just fix it yourself, it's pretty easy. How bout a picture to evaluate the damage?

Agree is likely an easy fix. If you want to send it off there are plenty of pros here who will do it for a reasonable fee. Where are you located?

If you have stones just post pics and start a new thread in the sharpening subforum.

If not it is an exellent occasion to treat yourself to a course stone. Which may lead to hours and hours of thinning everything that youcan get your hands on but that fortunately doesn't happen to everyone.

This may sound a little sick but over the years I've been wanting to make my own knives. I've done a few fix blade drop point hunter style knives and I have literally thousands of $$ in equipment. Tw-90 belt grinder, forge, anvil, hammers etc. etc. lots of steel plus more handle material than I could use. I just haven't gotten around to start making knives.
As an Exec. Chef and Culinary instructor plus another job just doesn't allow me the time right now to enjoy this new hobby. I just want this thing fixed and I don't want to ruin it. Hopefully this new year will allow me to start making knives but competition shooting is also getting in the way. Time to simplify my life and narrow it down to just a couple hobbies.
BTW how do I insert photos?

Last edited:
This may sound a little sick but over the years I've been wanting to make my own knives. I've done a few fix blade drop point hunter style knives and I have literally thousands of $$ in equipment. Tw-90 belt grinder, forge, anvil, hammers etc. etc. lots of steel plus more handle material than I could use. I just haven't gotten around to start making knives.
As an Exec. Chef and Culinary instructor plus another job just doesn't allow me the time right now to enjoy this new hobby. I just want this thing fixed and I don't want to ruin it. Hopefully this new year will allow me to start making knives but competition shooting is also getting in the way. Time to simplify my life and narrow it down to just a couple hobbies.
BTW how do I insert photos?

It does not sound sick at all , we all have been there [emoji12]

If you don't want to take on the project, Dave Martell does great repairs and his prices are reasonable.

+1 on Dave Martell. Japanese Knife Sharpening. Excellent work. He's a sponsoring vendor here (and former head cheese). Jon at JKI will also do an excellent job.

To do the tip youself is prob 30 min work if one has the stones for the job. Maybe less with belt grinder. A pic will help provide some specific advice if you're at all inclined to DIY.

There are a few methods of posting pics detailed on the "Support" forum. Unfortunately, none of them work. If you have a dropbox account I can walk you through it, just reply here.

Competitive shooting? Skeet, Sporting Clays, or one of the ladies sports? :shotgun:

sorry new to this forum. but willing to help if you have not been able to fix your knife. let me know

I'm confused. You have all the equipment to make a knife but you can't fix a broken tip?

Why not fire up the belt sander and knock it over in 30 seconds. Might get you in the workshop, which is always fun :)

I'm confused. You have all the equipment to make a knife but you can't fix a broken tip?

Why not fire up the belt sander and knock it over in 30 seconds. Might get you in the workshop, which is always fun :)

More like 10 seconds [emoji23]

Back