Bloodroot's Other Half

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BloodrootVW

Reaction score
Hello all,

I wanted to post a quick note of greeting to the KKF community. While I have been doing some poking about on the forum for the last several years, I have not formally introduced myself.

Hi, I am David Van Wyk. It is nice to meet you.

I am looking forward to participating this coming year and to benefitting from your collective (and prodigious) wisdom and experience.

All my best,

David

Welcome and hope you keep posting, but based on your wait list times I understand if you're a bit busy.

Welcome from another David. You guys are about 10 miles from me. I'd love to come by your shop sometime if you accept visitors. I would be inclined to purchase a knife, of course.

Welcome! My best friend was admiring your work at Husk Nashville recently.

Indeed, yes! I am just in the process of replying to your email. Great project!

David, I live in Cambodia. Last week I met another American who is making products here out of teak. When I mentioned I'm into cooking knives, he asked if I was familiar with Bloodroot. Which then led to a discussion of your monthly lotteries and how popular your knives are.

We have been very humbled by people's kind attention to our work and are grateful to be able to do it for a living.

Thank you so much for your interest! We are bound by a neighborhood agreement to limit the number of folks coming by the shop, but we do occasionally have some space for visitors. We would be glad to meet you if we were to be able to work something out. I very much appreciate your willingness to buy a knife as well, but everything these days is either tied up in newsletter sales or are customs :)

Thank you so much for your interest! We are bound by a neighborhood agreement to limit the number of folks coming by the shop, but we do occasionally have some space for visitors. We would be glad to meet you if we were to be able to work something out. I very much appreciate your willingness to buy a knife as well, but everything these days is either tied up in newsletter sales or are customs :)

Thanks David. I do know how it works with you guys and how valuable uninterrupted shop time is. I have have been receiving the newsletter for some time now but have not been lucky enough to win the opportunity to purchase one of your knives. Are you taking orders for customs and what is your lead time?

Thanks David. I do know how it works with you guys and how valuable uninterrupted shop time is. I have have been receiving the newsletter for some time now but have not been lucky enough to win the opportunity to purchase one of your knives. Are you taking orders for customs and what is your lead time?

We are taking custom orders at this point, and the lead time is 43 months. I would be glad to send over the specs if you are interested.

Im a fan!! But always unlucky at the lottery..

Back