• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Suisin Inox Honyaki IH Deba 180mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pleue

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking to sell an unused Suisin Inox Honyaki Deba, 180mm. My favorite deba to use in my kit, I bought a second one as a backup when it looked like I'd be taking a job cooking on a boat (salt water) so now I'm looking to pass on the unused one. I can tell you from my used one that suisin's stainless is some of my favorite stainless to sharpen and their single bevels in the IH line are something else (I do love my IH 210 petty though as well.). Blade is as I purchased it, however it has a few light scratches on the face, there is a some marring right where the spine meets the handle which I tried to photograph, and there is a bit of light marring on the keyaki handle, most likely from its time in the tool box drawer where I keep my knives. I'd be happy to give it a light sand and board butter if you want, but I can also leave as is. Korin sells it for $475, I'd like $400 in my pocket at the end of it all after fees and shipping (happy to venmo to eliminate fees). I probably have the box but I'd have to dig it up. Ships well packed in a hard cardboard shipping tube. Thanks!

That's a gorgeous piece. If I had a use for it and some extra scratch I'd be all over it. I've only heard good things about Suisin stainless. GLWS.

Very nice piece, for some reason I've always thought it was cool to see one of these traditional single bevel (or single bevel-esque) knives in an otherwise laser line.

Question though: isn't the stock handle on SIH line ichii, not keyaki? That was my impression. Maybe it's different on the debas.

Whoops yeah I forgot, ichii it is, horn ferrule. Thanks for the compliments, I love my other one.

Lots of beautiful knives found new homes, bringing this one back to page one.

Bump bump! $400 shipped conus! This guy wants to cut some fish and you don't have to worry about it rusting should it not get worked out much. Ps. going back to a previous point that may have inferred a bit of confusion, this is a true single bevel and not single bevel-ish. Hamaguri edge, concave ura, etc.

This is a fantastic knife, I've had to pleasure to use one of my co-worker's before. The construction is just downright beautiful, takes a crazy edge as well. I would definitely pick this up for myself if I didn't already have 5 debas. Hard to justify a 6th one. lol

Bump, just broke down some arctic mackerel with mine, good fun.

Latest posts

Back