4 racks of seasoned ribs I can't use. Freeze?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last night I rubbed 4 racks of St. Louis cut ribs, wrapped in plastic wrap. Woke up this morning with some horrible bug or food poisoning. What can I do, wrap and freeze?

I wouldn't leave them wrapped for for too long, any salt or sugar in the rub will start to cure the protein giving it an odd texture.

Smash a single clove of garlic and wait 10 minutes, then eat it. swallow it fast because that **** burns but you should be good then. Then smoke those babies.
top_10_bad_british_accents_mike_myers.jpg

vac and freezing will not affect the texture. at those temps all catalytic and enzymic activities are stopped. you just have to be careful about when you dethawing them. how quickly/slowly may cause a texture change. but I'm not a 100% on at what temp or rate. Best way to dethaw would be sousvide in a circulator (but I don't know how much salt you have used, and what kind of salt). If no salt then maybe you could then low temp for 72hrs. at 59*C (?), I'd have to look back at another forum where I read about how they do it a Momofuku. I did 48hr and 59*C and then deep fried them but I was lazy and didn't l freeze them before frying and also I don't like the fat like it was, kind of globby before the fry. 48hrs was not enough time to render the fat. But I did a side experiment of just deepfrying ribs and holy guacamole I love deepfried ribs.

Back