Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure I’ve had one I didn’t like beyond Malort which is designed to be awful.

Off the top of my head I’ve got - Fernet Branca, Branca Menta, Braulio, Vecchio, Averna, Montenegro, nonino, Campari, Aperol, Cynar, San Marco, and Melleti the cabinet. Probably another few sitting dusty in the back from my collector phase a few years ago too.
Caplletti Rabarbaro and Pasubio are really nice as well. Pasubio is a bit more like a sweet vermouth but Rabarbaro is more similar to something like Cynar, both are quite nice.

Pointed tips, especially on longer knives, are vastly overrated.

The further away from your hand the tip gets, the less dexterity you have and the less useful the tip is. The heel of the knife can be very useful, particularly on in-hand tasks.
I've cored tomatoes with 270 takeda

Pointed tips, especially on longer knives, are vastly overrated.

The further away from your hand the tip gets, the less dexterity you have and the less useful the tip is. The heel of the knife can be very useful, particularly on in-hand tasks.

Civilian.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that....)

:cool:

the most bitter I ever tasted was in a distilled concoction from somewhere in the Rhone Valley in Switzerland, it came in a bottle with little black glass beads on the outside....horrible stuff, a lot like Angostura bitters..

the most bitter I ever tasted was in a distilled concoction from somewhere in the Rhone Valley in Switzerland, it came in a bottle with little black glass beads on the outside....horrible stuff, a lot like Angostura bitters..
Try Fernet Branca when you get a chance :)

Fernet is and old fart drink and only appeals to people with zero tastebuds

You can do better, Lars.

Fernet is and old fart drink and only appeals to people with zero tastebuds

You can do better, Lars.
Speaking like that, we will have your Danish citizenship revoked in no time..!
Seriously, what's wrong with the youth these day(edit: i assume you are 15 years old based on your comment).

Last edited:
Fernet and Pineapple
Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 3.22.03 PM.png

Speaking like that, we will have your Danish citizenship revoked in no time..!
Seriously, what's wrong with the youth these day(edit: i assume you are 15 years old based on your comment).
Speaking of Danish things, you have just reminded me I have some Gammel Dansk waiting at home, thanks for that :)

Latest posts

Back