what's your comfort food? pick ONE!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
me.

i'm chinese.so. shrimp with scramble eggs over rice.

it's ridiculous..i actually have a b of a time trying to make it at home. i cant get the eggs that fluffy. i think a Chinese restaurant uses copious amounts of oil.mixed in, and to cook. probably clogging arteries in Chinatown as we speak.

Simple spaghetti in a marinade of garlic, ginger, chilli and sometimes bacon with pecorrino on top. And whatever is in the house that i like to add. I make this almost everytime i am alone at home.

Chips. Like potato chips, not UK word for fries. Plain, ruffled preferred.
My only rule is I never have any in the house. But if I go to a party and there is a bowl out, I will absolutely crush it. No shame.

me.

i'm chinese.so. shrimp with scramble eggs over rice.

it's ridiculous..i actually have a b of a time trying to make it at home. i cant get the eggs that fluffy. i think a Chinese restaurant uses copious amounts of oil.mixed in, and to cook. probably clogging arteries in Chinatown as we speak.

[video=youtube;Og7LmzFupUw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og7LmzFupUw[/video]

We live in one of the greatest Pizza cities in the world and you pick Domino's?

:viking:

The flavor & Price:calorie ratio is among the best concepts in america. How do you think I afford these knives?!?!?!

Never seen eggs cooked that way.

I grew up in Hong Kong...miss the food there so much.
My comfort foods would be:
Roast meat on rice
Wonton Noodles with brisket & tendons
Congee with fried dough for dunking and a side order of soy sauce noodles

Recently, Gumbo.

Also, in no particular order: Red beans & rice, some Jambalaya, Baby-back ribs, Zachery's Chicago-style Pizza (never had pizza in Chicago, so the variation Zachery's does out here. Thanks Captain, would have forgotten this one, they're not convenient.)

This but plus dried chili and minus knorr product. And I prefer to use tortiglioni instead of spaghetti. If I weren't so damn fat I would it eat four times a week.

[video=youtube;l-P9G3s3kb0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-P9G3s3kb0[/video]

If I am not cooking myself and I want great comfort food, that would have to be a lamb durum shawarma from Kebabistan in Copenhagen.

This

90E0ADC7-E19E-4B6B-B4BB-9696629759BA.jpg

But for ease and comfort

Get me some fruit, and these two together and I can conquer the world...

pickled stone fruit+tamarind, vinegar, sugar, lemon and salt + Good chili powder

FullSizeRender (46).jpg

Spaghetti alla Carbonara. Rich with egg yolk and cheese, spicy with black pepper. My kryptonite.

Cup o noodle with lemon and tapatio

But for ease and comfort

Get me some fruit, and these two together and I can conquer the world...

pickled stone fruit+tamarind, vinegar, sugar, lemon and salt + Good chili powder

This too! Although Ive never had it with vinegar and sugar...may have to try that soon!

Meat loaf with mashed potatoes.

Stefan

Ribeye (bone in ) or porterhouse steak ,grilled over Mesquite charcoal .
before grilling I add olive oil ,lemon juice, galic, parsley, black pepper and salt :hungry:

Back