Best Bite...CHICKEN

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wanted to start a fun thread on the "Best Bite" of food.

Today lets talk CHICKEN, the most consumed animal on the planet.

What's the best bite on the chicken?

Share what you like, how you enjoy preparing, cooking and eating them...

The little oyster piece in the pelvic area at the top of the thighs or the tender strip beneath the breast

thigh braised in guajillo salsa, shredded and put on top of a tortilla chip
wing flaps slow cooked in philipino adobo sauce then grilled, dipped in banana ketchup
tenderloin double fried and tossed in korean sweet spicy sauce with pickled daikon

great thread!

i second the "oyster"!

i also like the chicken feet dim-sum style. i had the rooster comb once, but for the life of me.i cant remember much.

My buddy does a confit boneless thigh skin on, which is then fried crispy (no batter). Its then glazed in a tempered chicken liver mousse thats seasoned with hot sauce and pickling liquid. Fatty, funky, acidic, spicy, salty heaven.

Panda and Chef Liven, I can taste those recipes. YUM. Yes the chicken oyster are delicious indeed.

There are some other sections that I think offer more.

I'm thinking about the one bite of rib section, on a Southern fried bone-in breast.

Slow roasted herb chicken ass.

Yakatori cooked hearts still so hot from the grill you burn yourself, over and over...

First bite from the top of a southern fried chicken thigh and also that big meaty piece on a chicken leg. I won't toss the oyster away, either ;)

Perfectly roasted and seasoned whole chicken. That piece of crispy skin with a bit of melty fat under it between the breast and thigh that MUST be trimmed away before you carve the bird.

Perfectly roasted and seasoned whole chicken. That piece of crispy skin with a bit of melty fat under it between the breast and thigh that MUST be trimmed away before you carve the bird.
My kids love it done this way and I rarely get a chance to cook it any other way.

However, probably my favourite is a pot roast. Gives beautiful crispy skin and you can deglaze the pan to make some amazing sauces. I paricuarly love a sauce deglazed with good quality red wine vinegar and drizzled over chopped tomato and parsley. And it's fairly quick to cook too.

I'll go with any bite from the thigh...I would add liver as a perfect bite of chicken.

BTW, great idea for a thread Dennis.

Crispy baked chicken skin cooked between two sheet trays with oil resistant parchment. Salt pepper boom.

Chicken leg confit.. mm

Right now my favorite bite of chicken is a pan fried boneless skin on thigh. Once it gets golden brown. I dump a teriyaki sauce of equal parts soy sauce, mirin, sake and sugar into the he pan. Take the chicken out once done, thicken the sauce then pour it on top of the crispy skin. Soooo tasty!

Oyster is good, but my favorite is deboned thigh. If those are not available, I will take a wing flat.

Bought a combi oven for home a few months back; it produces the juiciest roast chicken I've ever eaten. Next best is whole chook brined overnight then spun up on the rotisserie in the Weber.

Right now my favorite bite of chicken is a pan fried boneless skin on thigh. Once it gets golden brown. I dump a teriyaki sauce of equal parts soy sauce, mirin, sake and sugar into the he pan. Take the chicken out once done, thicken the sauce then pour it on top of the crispy skin. Soooo tasty!

Same here, but breast fajitas marinated overnight are a close contender.

Skin on boneless chicken thigh's... pan roasted until golden brown mit simple salt and pepper and a bit of sesame oil. Then cut into pieces and topped with lots of chives...served with ponzu sauce and hot japanese mustard (or dijon) :knife:

Looks like this:

29578065ba.jpg

The best chicken on planet earth is pollo asado found in North-West Mexico, also found elsewhere such as Oaxaca and Chiapas now because of its popularity. Different than Peruvian and rotisserie chicken. In the United States, I have found only one authentic pollo asado -- El Pollo Norteño in Santa Maria, CA. I live in DC, and I have not found it here. I prefer the thigh, but any piece is heaven.

Bone in skin on chicken thigh roasted on the big green egg with a bit of smoke. Best Bite: A dollop of hot sauce on the side of the thigh with that band of extra chicken fat. Skin, fat, moist meat and hot sauce!

I will take a wing flat.

Oh yeah! :hungry::hungry::hungry:

'tebasaki' in japanese.

yakitori:
Ootoya-Tebasaki-Yakitori-4.jpg

or 'tebasaki no shioyaki' (salted, grilled, no sauce), maybe a squeeze of lemon or a couple shakes of shichimi togarashi (7 spice powder):
IMG_2728.jpg

Butterflying and skewering:
[video=youtube;yekdAo4G4mc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yekdAo4G4mc[/video]

Chicken breast schnitzel, first bite after a squeeze of lemon.

Have to slice the breast horizontally (cutlets) to make 'em thin enough. Can't pound 'em like pork. Well, you can pound them a little bit, but not much!

Oh yeah! :hungry::hungry::hungry:

'tebasaki' in japanese.

yakitori:
View attachment 36960

or 'tebasaki no shioyaki' (salted, grilled, no sauce), maybe a squeeze of lemon or a couple shakes of shichimi togarashi (7 spice powder):
View attachment 36961

Butterflying and skewering:
[video=youtube;yekdAo4G4mc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yekdAo4G4mc[/video]

+1

I'll take a stick of tebasaki plus a stick of Kawa. I love crispy chicken skins on a stick. Little salt and a drop of lemon.....mmmmmmmmmmm

Thigh braised in lemon juice with a tonne of olives and garlic and parsley.
Skin skewers
Livers grilled in Mozambiquean peri peri sauce served on a freshly grilled and buttered Portuguese bread roll.

Back