Spinal Nagura

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do any of you ever use the spine of your blade as a Nagura? This occurred to me once at work when touching up on a suita that needs a little help to started, and I didn't want to touch the kasumi behind the edge that it came with. Works nicely.

Do any of you ever use the spine of your blade as a Nagura? This occurred to me once at work when touching up on a suita that needs a little help to started, and I didn't want to touch the kasumi behind the edge that it came with. Works nicely.

Nope, I just pick a nagura and use that. I have some that I feel play better with some stones than others. :)

An atoma 1200 works beautifully to get the mud started

Yeah of course there are plenty other options! I meant to imply that my diamond plate, naguras and other stones were all rather far away, and that this worked well instead of using the area just behind the edge on the blade.

I was wondering what kind of animal was going to be donating a vertebra to your nagura collection 😂

I was guessing sheep might be around the right size.

Latest posts

Back