Xerxes Primus - Australia

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnickrapon

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just chasing a little information, specifically from any Australians on the forum. My wait is just about over for my Xerxes Gyuto and I'm just trying to work out who it will be delivered by, once it hits Australia. It leaves via DHL but Claudia isn't 100% sure on who will be delivering it to my door. Anyone have any experience?

Cheers

I've got one of this batch as well. When did Claudia tell you they were shipping out? Can't help with the postage question I'm afraid

End of November is all the info I have sorry. I emailed last week asking a similar question, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet

No experience with Xerxes in particular but I have had packages delivered from overseas to Australia via DHL before and DHL has always done it the whole way, no passing off to auspost or anything like that.

It depends on which DHL service is used. In Germany normal DHL (slow) just means deutsche post, which passes the parcel to AU post and probably become untraceable after leaving Germany. It is a regular airmail service takes 7 - 14 days.
If the service is DHL Express, it will be delivered by DHL and (their contractors) in major centres but passed to other couriers in regional areas of Australia. This is a traceable service and takes 3 to 5 days to arrive at your door.

I can only confirm (after sending TON of packages from Germany to outside EU) that normal DHL (DHL owns most of Deutsche Post) package will offer little or no tracking once the package leaves EU and the package may take very long to arrive (many weeks). Using UPS, Fedex or DHL Express will cost MUCH more, but will ariive within a few days.

On a side note - I found that shipping a package via Fedex (as a private person, not a business) was a major PITA, but once the Fedex finally managed to pick the package up, it was no problem.

I would say - Talk to Xerxes and see what the shipping options are.

I recently received a knife from Dictum in Germany which by my own error I chose regular DHL in the shipment choice. Destination country was South Africa. Basically the package was sent by regular mail. It got lost after leaving Germany. Calling DHL try told me to ask the sender to log a missing shipment on their end - I couldn’t do it locally. The sender was told it would take 3 months to investigate. In the end the package was delivered by local postal services even without DHL’s knowledge. My advice is to pay more and have it delivered by DHL Express. If it’s too late for that cross fingers and thumbs and await delivery from your local postal services! Good luck!!

I recently received a knife from Dictum in Germany which by my own error I chose regular DHL in the shipment choice. ... The sender was told it would take 3 months to investigate. In the end the package was delivered by local postal services even without DHL’s knowledge. ...

Yep, I have a similar experience as a sender. Sometimes one chooses regular DHL for the price reasons. I have shipped a package to mainland China ... and it arrived in a good shape! :) It was of course in limbo for about 8 weeks. Before I knew it could take this long I have indeed started an investigation (in DE) that was close to me getting a full refund. Had I not cancelled it, I would have got it - DHL did not know the package was delivered. When I come to think of it - I have not lost a single package yet and I have sent some 50 - 100 packages world wide, sometimes to tricky destinations.

No experience with Xerxes in particular but I have had packages delivered from overseas to Australia via DHL before and DHL has always done it the whole way, no passing off to auspost or anything like that.

I understand your concern, Ausy PO is recognized, around the entire fricken world, as the worlds fricken worst, and I've heard that from several vendors. Maybe it's just bad luck on my part but I've sent 10 packages to them via US postal which always hands over to whatever country's service, and 5 got lost, them claiming no responsibility.

It depends on which DHL service is used. In Germany normal DHL (slow) just means deutsche post, which passes the parcel to AU post and probably become untraceable after leaving Germany. It is a regular airmail service takes 7 - 14 days.
If the service is DHL Express, it will be delivered by DHL and (their contractors) in major centres but passed to other couriers in regional areas of Australia. This is a traceable service and takes 3 to 5 days to arrive at your door.

DHL Express then, do it!

Thanks for the help guys. If Claudia responds to my emails, I'll be asking for DHL express. Have already paid 30euro in shipping, something tells me that wouldn't be express.....

Thanks for the help guys. If Claudia responds to my emails, I'll be asking for DHL express. Have already paid 30euro in shipping, something tells me that wouldn't be express.....

Depends. Maxim from JNS charges 30€ for worldwide DHL Express, but he ships many more packages I guess and has a large discount.

I understand your concern, Ausy PO is recognized, around the entire fricken world, as the worlds fricken worst, and I've heard that from several vendors. Maybe it's just bad luck on my part but I've sent 10 packages to them via US postal which always hands over to whatever country's service, and 5 got lost, them claiming no responsibility.

I think the South African post office has you guys we’ll beat into 2nd worst!

For anyone wondering, I've had contact from Claudia. She had been responding to my emails, but for some reason they weren't getting to me. Deliveries are expected to begin mid December. There's also a facebook page that I found today that says the same. Still trying to get clarification on who will deliver it once it reaches my shores.

Just out of curiosity, when did you place your order with Claudia? I've had my order in since early September and still haven't gotten anything yet, communication with her definitely haven't been easy.

Just out of curiosity, when did you place your order with Claudia? I've had my order in since early September and still haven't gotten anything yet, communication with her definitely haven't been easy.

Haha, around May I think it was. I placed my order whilst they were still out of stock though, so I knew there would be a wait. Prior to the last fortnight, I've found communication with her very easy tbh, I think they're having issues with their email. After replying to me several times, she eventually sent one from a different address and it got straight through to me. Perhaps ask her if there is an alternate form of communication when you email her next, that's what I did.

Difficult decision, but just had to pull out of my preordetr, which is hard after such a long wait and knowing it was only round the corner. Gotta sell some and knew if this one arrived it would be hard to let go.
If any of you want to console me by telling me how shite this batch is when it arrives, that would be most welcome...

Claudia just emailed me back. Says Jannis is finishing the batch this week and she expects to get them Friday or Saturday.

We'll see?

Great, right when I didn't want it to be delivered haha. Holidays etc. Oh well, can't wait to get it. Haven't received a response regarding DHL express though....

Really anxious to hear all the different reviews from this batch!

Back