• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Takeda AS Honesuki & Mioroshi, Itinomonn/Munetoshi wa Butcher, Origin Handcrafted Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been sitting on these for awhile and finally am getting around to putting on bst… would prefer to sell the whole lot to save on trips to the post office so am trying to incentivize the group buy price. I'll try to take/upload pics by the weekend. I also have a 300 lefty Misono dragon gyuto and 240 lefty watanabe yanagi that'll be on bst soon, but will list separately since lefty knives are a niche market

Takeda AS Mioroshi
I got as part of a trade for an expensive single bevel knife and it's been sitting around since late 2017, has seen a reasonable amount of use from the previous owner but still in decent shape (could benefit from a sharpening). Includes a saya made by the previous owner… nothing fancy but does the job.
Blade is 208mm long (the box says medium but this size is technically the large specs)
33mm tall
4.5mm spine above heel
169g
Sells for $330-$380USD new (depends on medium or large spec)

Takeda AS Honesuki
Also got in the trade, has seen a reasonable amount of use from the previous owner but still in decent shape (small ding in the ferrule and famous epoxy blob, could benefit from a sharpening). Includes a saya made by the previous owner… nothing fancy but does the job.
Blade is 160mm long
42mm tall
4.8mm spine above heel
169g (same as the other takeda)
Sells for $350USD new

Itinomonn/Munetoshi wa Butcher
This is the previous "itinomonn" kanji version. I use my Misono carbon honesuki and hankotsu so this has been sitting around. Was sharpened once to remove low spots, slight "tipping" and some small dings in the original edge obtained during use (small ding in the ferrule, may also want to consider a microbevel)
Blade is 169mm long
36mm tall
5.6mm spine above heel
172g
Sells for about $120USD new and is out of stock at JNS
http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/munetoshi-kurouchi-170mm-wa-butcher/?setCurrencyId=3

Origin Handcrafted Gyuto
I got it from a local knifemaker (https://originhandcrafted.com/collections/knives/products/origin-gyuto) and it is made out of a forged saw blade and local stabilized box elder. I'm on his list for a custom steak knife set and am sticking to my "knife in, knife out" rule, otherwise I'd keep it… I like the charm of being made from repurposed and local materials, reminds me of what I "think" a certain female knifemaker is trying to go for, except this actually looks like a knife, won't grate off your fingers in use and sells new for about half the price lol. I know Tom (Lefty) from Sharp & Shiny Shop has one and seems happy too… I'll include a link to my Instagram post where there are some videos and favourable comments below the specs.
Blade is 177mm long
47mm tall
2.4mm spine above heel
113g
Sells for about $277USD new ($350CAD)
Some of my Instagram posts (I'll link YouTube once I get pics up)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BejxrAUg9Y4/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BeZUZVQgk61/

Price
I'm asking $700USD for all four knives by PayPal goods & services, plus shipping (probably $20-30 depending on location and options). The two takedas alone sell for about this price new so it's a pretty good deal. I'll consider breaking up the set, but the incentivized price applies to the set only.

If interested send me a PM and we can go from there, pls include your email so I can send pictures if I haven't uploaded yet (and it's also easier to correspond than by PM)

Itinomonn butcher is traded (pending)
Origin is sold
Both takedas still available

Here are some crappy pics, I'll try to get better ones sometime but little free time these days
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1525060013.734084.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1525060048.296246.jpg

Got a few more (crappy) pics of the knives with the sayas too:
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1526769423.444218.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1526769440.759718.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1526769461.999565.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1526769478.044605.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1526769503.703396.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1526769523.767250.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1526769543.806195.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1526769691.977183.jpg

I'll probably close this thread in the coming days and list these with several others I have which are destined for BST shortly:
Misono Swedish Carbon 300mm lefty gyuto with dragon engraving and wooden saya
Watanabe lefty 240mm Yanagi with keyaki handle
Teruyasu Fujiwara Maboroshi 195mm gyuto
But if interested beforehand let me know

Just came to my attention that when I sold the Origin gyuto by itself I didn't update the price for just the takedas.

$220USD each, or $420 for both (would cost about $700 new) If you are interested in the other knives mentioned above I'll be listing i can offer a volume discount too. I also have a JNS Ohira Renge Suita which will be going on BST shortly

Takedas are going back to the original owner

From the list above, only the TF Maboroshi 195mm gyuto is available and the Misono dragon is pending. I'll start a "proper" thread for what remains in the coming days, but in the interim let's say $250 for the TF Maboroshi and bladeguard which also includes PayPal, shipping, etc.

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1526957990.099656.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1526958014.114268.jpg

I'll also have this ohira renge suita listed soon too:
http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/ohira-range-suita-lv-3-5-a965/?setCurrencyId=3

Misono Swedish Carbon 300mm lefty gyuto with dragon engraving and wooden saya
Teruyasu Fujiwara Maboroshi 195mm gyuto

Misono sold and shipped, TF maboroshi still a available but I should post it in a new thread since it's not even in the title… likewise with the jnat (I'm on the app so will do later)

Latest posts

Back