Quantcast
Your Dream (Home) Kitchen
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Dream (Home) Kitchen

Your Dream (Home) Kitchen

Not that I am trying to improve my current kitchen, but I am angling to move to either Portland ME or Minneapolis in the next couple of years. Anyhow, I have started the mental process of creating my kick-a&& kitchen of the future.

First on my list would be a National Combi Oven.

Sure, it is 10k. But the 61 model avoids a lot of infrastructure tweaks that are necessary for the bigger commercial models and would be unrealistic for the home.

What's on your home kitchen wish list?

k.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    I really only desire a pro slicer at the moment. That could change in an instant. I stilll have a few years left in the military (read: moving) before I get serious. I used one of those in the kitchen I worked in years ago, what is your desire with it? I.e. what are you going to make?
    Jason

I like the versatility in that it can reduce other gadgets, for instance it has a sous vide setup. Also with setting the humidity you can steam food on one end and dehydrate on another. And the programability with some models is intriguing.

My other desire is a double set of drawer dish washers.

Edit: I meant Rational and not National in the OP.

k.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

We have one of that exact Rational Combi Oven in work. We also have a much larger older one and the newer one is lightyears ahead of it. Much much quieter and faster, everything is so much better. Pretty cool how you can have different things cooking their own program on each shelf

we investigated the "dishwasher drawers" a few years ago when we remodeled the kitchen. Decided against it...they are really cool, but at the end of the day, even with only the 2 of us, we have plenty of volume for a standard size and it was MUCH cheaper.

I think I made one big mistake in my remodel: getting a Dacor "Pro Style" 6-burner cooktop. It's a fine unit, quite comparable to the competitive products from wolf, thermidor, etc. I would now get a true commercial unit from the local restaurant supply joint. two main reasons: MUCH easier to keep clean, and better heat output.

Would have also liked a commercial venting system, but that is truly impractical in my kitchen...I make do with my 1500CFM island hood pretty well though.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

I also would love to have a pasta station where I could hook up one of these torchio pasta presses.

k.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	torchio.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	12330  

We were discouraged from going w/ the double drawer dishwashers when we redid our kitchen last year. Not that much water/ energy savings, and they tend to leak a lot (according to some applicance repairmen and plumbers).

I'm digging that pasta press -- I have not seen a manual press like that before. All I ever see are cheap, crappy electric ones, or big $$$$ commercial ones. I think a press like that is now on my kitchen wish list -- thanks for showing that!

I want a deck oven with steam injection, a proofer and a rack washer. Why the hell does it take 70-90 minutes to wash dishes at home but I can do it in 3 at work?

Also, I'm tired of refrigerators and a cupboard. I want a walk-in and a dry storage room. Would also like an equipment room.

-AJ

If I was was going to remodel, and if it wasn't so ugly/massive/noisy, I'd have a commercial dish washer, like an AM-14 or something. Run anything through it and 90 seconds later...clean & sanitized!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I have an ad I cut out of a kitchen that was finished in dark wood but the walls where all bookshelves. I LOVE that picture and plan to add a shelving system like it when we get our own place.

Wish I could find that pic on line...