2021 East Coast Gathering (ECG) - Sunday, August 1, Washington, DC Area

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Larry, once you are good with the making a basic hummus recipe, you can play around with variations. The garlic confit sounds good. Roasted garlic is good. Roasted bell pepper is another common variation. Leah makes it every now and then with a handful of cilantro, which is also good. It is very versatile.

I'm eager to first make the basic hummus -- after seeing if there are any convenient sources of premium chickpeas (though can't help but wonder how much of a difference they would make in a recipe like this, but I suppose there's no arguing with success, and Bill's hummus was, IMHO, fantastic).

I'm eager to first make the basic hummus -- after seeing if there are any convenient sources of premium chickpeas (though can't help but wonder how much of a difference they would make in a recipe like this, but I suppose there's no arguing with success, and Bill's hummus was, IMHO, fantastic).

The regular canned ones are a completely different variety than the ones that are good for hummus. It doesn't affect the flavor much but you can't get that super creamy texture without the right beans.

Yes, and thanks for bring this to life. Last week I entertained shooting for the last half of May, but that conflicts with a couple of you. So I am currently open to suggestions for a good time range over the summer.

Looks like the date is just about nailed down, although I will give it a few more days before making an announcement. Sunday, July 24, 2022, seems to work best for some of the local people I have reached out to so far.

Looks like the date is just about nailed down, although I will give it a few more days before making an announcement. Sunday, July 24, 2022, seems to work best for some of the local people I have reached out to so far.

Sounds good!
(I'm not currently a "local person" but will be by July . . . )

Back