• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS 206mm Andrei Markin Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My loss is your gain. This is a painful one, but have a family emergency and need to free up some funds.

If you are not familiar with Andrei his grinds are fantastic.

This is a 206mm Gyuto in T1 steel. It is also sporting a magnificent mammoth handle that even pictures can't do justice.

Only used once, everything original. Paid $810 looking for $800 including shipping CONUS.
IMG_20240321_072317.jpg
IMG_20240321_072346.jpg
IMG_20240321_072332.jpg

I can feel the pain having to make this handle! GLWS I hope your family situation will be all right

Will the 18% tungsten sharpen my Ouka to a knife? Cool steel. would you know if its stainless?

Not fully stainless according to Andrei, would put it in the semi stainless category, not very reactive. I have a full description of the steel from Andrei if you would like me to PM you it.
My god is it that long!! I would love to read it.

I take it this is san mai? was it custom job for you"? any chance you'd pm me steel details? having hard time finding the toughness of it, i.e how it compares to say cpm 15v toughness wise, for example
Yes San Mai stainless clad they are both monster steels but cpm 15v has high vanadium and T-1 has high tungsten. Markin does some amazing things with steel. Here is a snip from the message he sent me about the steel.
----
T1 is high speed steel M2, M4. Let's just say, if we consider the steel of traditional metallurgy (not powder metallurgy), then this is a monster of traditional metallurgy.
What to expect from this steel on a kitchen knife, it rusts but does not readily when compared to traditional carbon steel. It is enough to wash and wipe the knife when you have already finished cooking, you do not need to wipe the knife constantly in the process of working with a knife. Moreover, the outer part of the sanmai is made of stainless steel.
The cutting edge sharpness will be at M390, but the knife will cut "aggressively" like carbon steel.
The knife can be edited with ceramic musat, with such a hardness, steel allows this.

Yes San Mai stainless clad they are both monster steels but cpm 15v has high vanadium and T-1 has high tungsten. Markin does some amazing things with steel. Here is a snip from the message he sent me about the steel.
----
T1 is high speed steel M2, M4. Let's just say, if we consider the steel of traditional metallurgy (not powder metallurgy), then this is a monster of traditional metallurgy.
What to expect from this steel on a kitchen knife, it rusts but does not readily when compared to traditional carbon steel. It is enough to wash and wipe the knife when you have already finished cooking, you do not need to wipe the knife constantly in the process of working with a knife. Moreover, the outer part of the sanmai is made of stainless steel.
The cutting edge sharpness will be at M390, but the knife will cut "aggressively" like carbon steel.
The knife can be edited with ceramic musat, with such a hardness, steel allows this.
Thank you. I love Andrei's work and especially the balls he has doing it in exotic and extremely hard to work with steels.

Back