2nd most used kitchen item?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like cutting board doesn't count...so gonna go with bench scraper here. Use it pretty much every meal, except if I'm cooking with a cleaver or nakiri. Second place goes to my Staub All-Day pan, I've got plenty of cookware but I end up cooking in this 95% of the time.

webimage-8CE6F0AE-EF90-4124-B7CC361E9671A381.png

This skillet.

Attachments

• IMG_8093.jpeg
    IMG_8093.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
I'd say frying pan since I'm really a frying-pan centric cook... but... when you have 10 of them the individual usage spreads out quite a bit. ;)
So that probably pushes it in the direction of my 24 cm/ 3L sauciers... those come out for almost everything that doesn't go in a frying pan.

I think our espresso machine counts as the most used kitchen item...food comes second with a knife as most used food prep item, frying pans come second, anything else after that as needed

Just ordered three Chef's Presses. Once again KKF has helped me figure out how to spend all my money wisely so I don't squander any on non-kitchen related items, thank you KKF!

You won't regret it. While mine don't qualify as my second most item, they see a lot of use. Enough that they live on an open shelf near the stove for easy access. A cast iron griddle pan and a couple Chef's Presses are a beautiful pairing.

Just ordered three Chef's Presses. Once again KKF has helped me figure out how to spend all my money wisely so I don't squander any on non-kitchen related items, thank you KKF!

Reading this thread is definitely going to cost me $$$

Seeing love for the Rosle tongs here. I've been using Cuisipro which seem good and well made. Anyone have experience of both, that knows if the Rosle are significantly better?

Is it that the Rosle can be locked/unlocked with one hand, or are they better in every way? They're quite pricy so wondering if they're worth the expense...

Come to think of it, you're all a bunch of filthy pigs for not having a towel as your nr 2.

The Rösle tongs are IMO highly overrated. I have some ultra cheap 3 euro ones without any mechanism at all that I actually prefer. Who needs a locking mechanism in the first place?

I like the Rosle tongs but tbh I use 12" plating tongs (theyre big tweezers. why they arent called that I dont know but ok) more.

My second most used item is my electric water kettle. Having precisely and quickly heated water is amazing. Thermapen also gets big miles.

Wow, I thought about this for way too long. My Kunz Spoon? I love it but any spoon will do. Bench scraper? I can make most straight edges work in a pinch, but never use my knife. Tongs? Meh, I’ll use my spoon just as often to flip or move or whatever for what I do.

I think my number two is my 1/100th of gram scale. It’s the only one in the kitchen and use it dozens, if not hundreds of times a day.

Seeing love for the Rosle tongs here. I've been using Cuisipro which seem good and well made. Anyone have experience of both, that knows if the Rosle are significantly better?

Is it that the Rosle can be locked/unlocked with one hand, or are they better in every way? They're quite pricy so wondering if they're worth the expense...
I have rosle tongs and they never get used. I prefer to buy cheap ones in bulk and just throw them away after the spring breaks.

I can't believe only two people have got the right answer so far, a caidao and a pair of chopsticks does everything.

Almost certainly a pair of bamboo chopsticks.
Long cooking chopsticks

With an honorary mention to the Breville Toasted Cheese Sandwich Maker.

And now that I think about it: ice trays. You'd want an ice tray too.

But those four things will do it all.

So the tongs I use the most are actually these:
nl_pim_787369001001_01.png

Supercheap and... no mechanism at all. It's just a piece of metal that they bended over. But they just work. No fuss, nothing to break. Was really underwhelmed by Rösle after already owning a bunch of these.

The supoon, and the Cholula, bit from dream farm . The supoon is a spoon , measuring spoon , and silicone spatula all in one, and is cleverly designed to keep the spoon off surfaces with its built in spoon rest , and it doesn't drip. The chopula is a chopper for browning ground meats, non scratch cutter for serving casseroles, a fish spatula , a burger flipper and the best brownie server there is. I use both almost daily.

Attachments

• PXL_20231113_104935741.jpg
    PXL_20231113_104935741.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Back