3.5" Parer/Utility Knife Sign Up Sheet

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, I am going ahead with this project.. but with octagonal wa handle first. These will feature ground radius at the tip of the ferrule, for a comfortable hold, black or ivory ferrule, and where possible, contrasting non metallic spacer.

I am going to post measurement and prices shortly.

Thanks,

Marko

Is it "shortly" yet?

Guys, I am going ahead with this project.. but with octagonal wa handle first. These will feature ground radius at the tip of the ferrule, for a comfortable hold, black or ivory ferrule, and where possible, contrasting non metallic spacer.

I am going to post measurement and prices shortly.

Thanks,

Marko

I really like the design of these - one rarely sees a parer knife that does not have the heel sticking out looking for your thumb to take a bite.

A little slow start on this project, but finally have zeroed down on the grind and the handle, so you will start seeing some of these popping out. Believe it or not, but grinding a small knife and making a small handle is just as hard as making a large knife.

This one has a two-tone ironwood handle, N/S spacer and micarta ferrule with ground in radius. 70mm on the edge. Sits very comfortably in a hand. I would say that I like the feel of octagonal handle on a parer better than a Western. With a ground radius at the ferrule, moving a parer to a pinch grip is a breeze.

IMG_0002.JPG

Back