• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

3 treasures for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to the new owners, very nice knives. Too bad you had to let them go, Dave. But then again, you can make your own now...

Stefan

ya, Dave & Stefan, you guys should work together make a better wa-handle gyuto than this one, then sell it to me for $600:D

That gyuto is something special indeed. I've never been that excited when I saw the shape and profile of other Watanabe gyuto: they always looked rounder and blunter at the nose. This one looks like it might even have a bit of a flat spot out near the tip. Did you tweak the profile at all? The way that you describe it being robust yet lasery makes me think Shigefuesa (but the profile on yours looks better). A well-done partial convex on a thick blade is a thing of magic. Anyone that has experienced one knows what I'm talking about, and anyone who doesn't should by this while I still have will-power and find out!

I've been playing with Piton's Kato for the past week plus, and I know exactly what you're talking about(now). I actually don't want to pass it on to the next guy. It's THAT good.

That Watanabe looks fantastic. Congrats to the new owner.

Looking forward to receiving it. Dave emailed and it's on the way with a fresh sharpening. :cheffry:

Back