• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 350mm Sabun Yanagiba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greasylake

Thick knives save lives
Reaction score
Up for sale tonight is this 350mm Sabun yanagiba. It's huge, it's awesome, it's a lot of fun, but it's too big for my kitchen, and unfortunately 290mm is about as big as I can go. This knife doesn't appear to have been used much before I received it and still had the factory grind marks on the bevels and still has some lacquer on the ura. I did some work to it and took out the low spots and put a quick kasumi on it. It's not perfect and has some scratches, but it is set up for easy maintenance in the future. The knife is straight throughout, and the horn ferrule is a little loose but I can put a dab of glue it if the buyer would like. It was tight before but I think the wood shrank a little from the cold weather, might tighten up once it warms up again(?)

Reference listing for new price can be seen here

Asking $250 shipped CONUS, international please DM
Any questions please ask :)

Specs:
Length: 350mm
Height: 38mm
Thickness: 4mm

Forgot to mention knife does have a saya. It's a little bit loose but does work to protect things in a drawer

20221219_011130.jpg

20221219_011146.jpg

Back