A Box of Ukranian BO

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, what just happened? I looked on your site, Mark, and I see that you posted some bog oak, but they're all sold? Was I not invited to the party? :eyebrow: :nunchucks:

Some of the regular knife guys were asking for some of the bog oak not stabilized.
So that was what I had posted in the web store. 2 batches so far that sold out.
I have a small batch being stabilized at K&G right now and another batch going to them soon.

For anyone who is interested in some of the Bog Oak that has not been sent out for stabilizing I will be adding more to the store this afternoon.
I will make a post here when they are listed.

Does it benefit from stabilizing Mark? Its some old stuff....

Does it benefit from stabilizing Mark? Its some old stuff....
From what I have seen, the majority of knives made with bog oak are not stabilized.
My thought was that there would be some added protection gained from the stabilizing.
But not everyone wants to spend the extra $$$.
So I decided to make it available both ways.

I just finished adding these Non-Stabilized, Natural Bog Oak Blocks to the store.

Only three left, folks...
I think the ones in the photo are all gone now but I added some more.
Several lighter, younger ones, only 2090 and 2840 years old.
And a handful of the real dark 3400 year old ones.

Geez, this wood is spreading around faster than the clappers from a hot drunk nympho. I expect to see copious amounts of bog wood handle photos from everyone soon!

I bought my piece at 11:45pm est and there was quite a few still available but by 7:00am only one piece is left.

Looks like they are all gone now.
There is a small batch at K&G and some more unstabilized ones I will clean up.

Back