A Few Other Things!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh yeah, fish spat, mini offsets and I always keep a mini icing knife that I tend to use as my go to fish spat...also as many cake testers and I can fit in to any which place I can find

What do you use your demitasse spoons for?

I was going to buy a couple of Kunz spoons, but once JB included the postage to England, it came out at just over 100$ for 2 spoons haha, I might get a couple from Maxim

I mainly use them for small mise. we have a clam dish with a little salad of brunoised pickled ramps, preserved meyer lemons, pickled peppers, dehyed olivs and chives. messy on the fingers so perfect for demi spoons. also caviar make an occasional appearance on tasting fish so they get used there as well. kunz spoons are my go to for sure..I have others that I like more because they have character..but the kunz do the job every time.

Hmm, interesting. I might just wait till I buy another knife from the States and ask them to order me a couple of Kunz spoons and add them in with the knife and price.. But obviously that means buying a new knife :biggrin:

Infact, if anyone at all is posting a knife to the UK, and they dont mind, give me a pm and I'll send you the cash for some spoons to be put in wit the knife. Obviously if all parties involved are happy with that.

Other than knives I take tongs, micro plane, timers, fish spatula, strop, shears, homemade cheese cutter ( y peeler with guitar wire) markers, spoons, and that's really it, I have been wanting a thermapen and those tongs look nice but i hate locking tongs

I carry Joyce Chen scissors. And tomorrow shears but always reach for the Joyce chen. Also a global fish spat. A dozen kunz spoons,cake tester, flat offset spat, pallet knife spat, brushes, beriner, Kuhn rikon peelers,melon baller, couple ring mold and square molds, silicone sushi mat, small already cut parchment paper, notebook, camera, fish pliers, offset plating tweezers, Rosle tongs, camellia oil bottle, idahone ceramic rod just in case I neglect my edge for a week or so, micro plane, That's about I don't think I forgot anything else ohh yeah a five hour energy just in case I'm dragging hard that day

Back