• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn A Formerly 240mm Nakagawa Ginsan Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blumbo

just a normal dude
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi KKF, I’ve been hesitant to post this because I didn’t want to be judged for my incredible incompetence early on in my journey but I felt like this knife has too much potential to be left in my home. Some family were visiting and used it to prepare dinner and had dropped it in the sink taking off 4mm from the tip. I proceeded to grind the knife from the belly side to get the tip back like the smooth brained ape I am without realizing how thick it would be BTE. I then tried to thin the tip off and scratched up the whole thing up pretty good. Then to hide my sins like Adam in his fig leaves I tried to put on a kasumi. Functionally speaking this knife cuts really well outside of a strange edge profile that makes it so that one must lift it 2 inches higher for draw cuts - but it causes me so much emotional damage that I can’t stand it looking at me everytime I open the drawer.

Anyway, sob story aside, nakagawa ginsan, originally 400$ from CKTG, now nakagawa x blumbo, going for 160$ shipped CONUS. If there’s a hell I’m going there for sure.

Length: now 226mm t.t
Height: 49.5mm
Width: 3.6mm
Weight: 208g

IMG_0053.jpeg

IMG_0054.jpeg
IMG_0055.jpeg
IMG_0058.jpeg
IMG_0061.jpeg
IMG_0071.jpeg
IMG_0072.jpeg

PM with any questions or if you need to verbally punish me. I would appreciate further tips on how to fix this as well, though at this point I feel like I’ve done enough damage.

Last edited:
I don’t think you should personally sell it. Is the tip a bit funky? Sure. Is it still a really well made knife from a great smith? Heck yes!

For what it’s worth, I incorrectly polished a $750 knife that also messed up the tip.

Still haven’t fixed it but it’s a great learning lesson

Last edited:
I don’t think you should personally sell it. Is the tip a bit funky? Sure. Is it still a really well made knife from a great smith? Heck yes!

For what it’s worth, I incorrectly polished a $750k knife that also messed up the tip.

You’re probably right that no one deserves to inherit my mistakes 😂

For what it’s worth, I incorrectly polished a $750k knife that also messed up the tip.

750k knife!? Damn that better be made from earth’s core

I got a couple knives on the back burner too, they don’t look in good condition at all but I don’t mind that much. You get used to it after you mess up a few more knives lol. They range from 200-500$ I personally like the profile of your knife a lot, if I hand a belt sander or something like that it would make an amazing ktip

Ok - thanks for the input. Gonna put a pause on this while I think about the best way to atone for my sins. I think before putting this out there again I should at least put in more work to make things right. Selling it as is would be running away from my problems and would be unfair - both to the makers and the buyer.

Last edited:
Back